Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newbieva

Endoscopy And Colonoscopy

Hi All,

I finally received my blood work back and had my 1st appointment with the gastro. My bloodwork did come back negative. My doctor didn't see the results because the admin staff I handed them to didn't put them in my chart right then. Ug. Anyway, she is sending me for an endoscopy and colonoscopy the end of this month. Has anyone else had to have both tests done for diagnosis? What can I expect? Fortunately, I am going to be taking the pills for the wonderful cleansing effect!

She said that it is likely that I have celiac, but she is also looking at Chrons and baceteria overgrowth. She said way down on her list is pancreatitis; however, she said it is so far down that she isn't testing for it yet. She also thought maybe laying off of dairy for 2 weeks would be a good idea. Haven't started that one yet, but plan to the beginning of next week.

This doctor is wonderful!!!! She was glad that I came in given the symptoms and family history of issues. Helps when they don't think your crazy! LOL.

Hello,

It sounds like your doctor is on top of things. You are one of the lucky ones.

I have had both proceedures and there is nothing to it.

But, just a word of advise....do NOT start the diet until all your tests are over. Continue to eat gluten foods and dairy. You want the optimum opportunity to detect any damage due to potential Celiac.

Hi,

I'm new to celiac and just had both tests done last Wednesday. I had a very good experience and am glad I was tested with both tests at the same time.

You will have to be close to a bathroom during the prep because you will need to get there fast. But really it's not bad. I was worried I would get hungry, but I made plenty of jello and home made chicken broth and had gatorade and pedialyte to drink. For me it was hardest the day of the procedure because I was hungry and thirsty, but once it's over you will be glad you did it. As far as the procedure, I remember nothing and felt nothing and once I woke up in the hospital and it was over I stayed awake the rest of the day and felt fine.

Good luck! You will be glad you did it.