Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarah8793

For Those Who React Emotionally To Gluten,

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How long depends on the individual....

I get GI stuff (D, cramping, nausea) for a day or two--then the emotional and neuro issues kick into high gear. This can last, for me, for 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for replying. I don't think I get gluten all too often anymore and so this has really surprised me. Back before I was gluten free I don't remember being so irritable, mainly zoned out. I am a bear to be around right now and I feel so bad about it, especially for my kids. I am hoping this doesn't go on for much longer.

I also have the mood reaction and it kills me. I notice it as I am being a bear to everyone around me. In general, if I start having a reaction that I can feel - like skin, tummy, dizzy, nausea I take a benedryl and try to lay down. I know this is not an allergic reaction in the true sense, but for me it helps. I also take some Motrin, helps with the inflammation and irritableness. Then I try to get plenty of sleep and remain as calm and closed mouth as I can. And that is hard some days. for me the moods are pretty bad for a week and then it starts to calm down. The bowels are bad for 2-3 days. It's a real incentive to try to never make a mistake. Usually my mistakes are from eating out, but I love it!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...