Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sarah8793

For Those Who React Emotionally To Gluten,

I have been angry, impatient, and bloated for 3 days now. Just wondering how long this should be lasting. Thanks!

Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work

2 negative biopsies over 4 year period

Postive EnteroLab results

Lactose/Casein Intolerant

Gluten free since May 2006

Soy free since May 2007

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How long depends on the individual....

I get GI stuff (D, cramping, nausea) for a day or two--then the emotional and neuro issues kick into high gear. This can last, for me, for 2-3 weeks.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Thanks for replying. I don't think I get gluten all too often anymore and so this has really surprised me. Back before I was gluten free I don't remember being so irritable, mainly zoned out. I am a bear to be around right now and I feel so bad about it, especially for my kids. I am hoping this doesn't go on for much longer.

Don't be afraid to reach for the moon. The worst that can happen is you'll miss and land among the stars.

Positive blood work

2 negative biopsies over 4 year period

Postive EnteroLab results

Lactose/Casein Intolerant

Gluten free since May 2006

Soy free since May 2007

I hope it passes quickly for you, too :)

Frequently, what happens is that the longer we're gluten-free, the more pronounced our reactions are.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I also have the mood reaction and it kills me. I notice it as I am being a bear to everyone around me. In general, if I start having a reaction that I can feel - like skin, tummy, dizzy, nausea I take a benedryl and try to lay down. I know this is not an allergic reaction in the true sense, but for me it helps. I also take some Motrin, helps with the inflammation and irritableness. Then I try to get plenty of sleep and remain as calm and closed mouth as I can. And that is hard some days. for me the moods are pretty bad for a week and then it starts to calm down. The bowels are bad for 2-3 days. It's a real incentive to try to never make a mistake. Usually my mistakes are from eating out, but I love it!