Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarakmcb

Newly Pregnant With Excruciating Join Pain

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to the forum. Hopefully someone will be able to help. I was diagnosed with celiac last fall and have been gluten free since November 9, 2006. I have been doing very well with very few problems. I just found out I am pregnant about 2 1/2 weeks ago and my husband and I are so excited. The problem is, for the past week I have been suffering from severe joint pain. It started in just my hips and elbow but now has spread to every joint in my body, the worst being my neck, ankle and knee. It was so bad last night I could not walk. My knee is also very red and so is my ankle, as if I had banged it on something. I called OB/GYN and she said this is not a normal pregnancy symptom. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be a celiac symptom that has been brought on by pregnancy even though I'm gluten free? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did your doctor ask you to come in? i think you need to talk to your OB/Gyn or PCP and run some blood tests if this is the only time something like this has ever happened to you. It could be a simple nutritional deficiency or something else. Are you sure you aren't ingesting gluten in a new vitamin or anything? Congratulations and good luck! I hope you are feeling better and you figure out what happened.

I have not heard of this in the beginning of pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my first I could hardly walk during the last month because of joint pain. Relaxin is a hormone that helps your hips spread and that can cause joint issues. It was terrible for me! Ask your OB if that is what they are talking about and if that is common in the beginning. I have never heard of it.

BTW: Congrats! I am so happy for you!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D