Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alaska

Cheese?

Cheese is not a concern with respect to gluten, unless something is added to it. Bleu cheese has a mold culture in it, and it is possible (but not at all likely) that it could be a gluten source.

For most of us here, the concern about cheese is casein, the protein found in cow's milk. Casein is not found in goat's milk or sheep's milk. Yogurt made from these milks is also casein free.

Lactose (milk sugar) is another possible concern. I know that it is found in cow's milk, but is not found in hard cheeses as the process that creates the cheese consumes it. I don't know if lactose is present in the milk of sheep and goats. Perhaps another member will know and post.

Cheese is not a concern with respect to gluten, unless something is added to it. Bleu cheese has a mold culture in it, and it is possible (but not at all likely) that it could be a gluten source.

For most of us here, the concern about cheese is casein, the protein found in cow's milk. Casein is not found in goat's milk or sheep's milk. Yogurt made from these milks is also casein free.

Lactose (milk sugar) is another possible concern. I know that it is found in cow's milk, but is not found in hard cheeses as the process that creates the cheese consumes it. I don't know if lactose is present in the milk of sheep and goats. Perhaps another member will know and post.

GREAT THANKS FOR THE REPLY!

GREAT THANKS FOR THE REPLY!

Hi. I've just registered. I've started getting pains from dairy, especially yoghurt but I can eat as much cheese as I like with no sickness or pain and I couldnt figure out why. a doctor a while ago told me cheese doesnt have lactose in it but because so many dairy free people I've talked to dont eat cheese either I thought he didnt know what he was talking about. so THANYOU! you've just answered my big question as to why I can eat cheese ;) thanks