Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone get hand spasms, I got them about 2 weeks ago, were my hand would just start to spasm. And now today after i painted some, i had some weird spasms again. I am kinda freaked out. I looked it up on the net and found it could be a vitamin D deficient, which im sure i am cause im casein intolerant. but then it said stuff like the start of MS and parkinsons. which really freaked me out. I really think today was caused from holding the paint brush, but not sure about why it happened 2 weeks ago. So i just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem. Im thinking of getting an vitamin D vitamin and see if it helps. I also didnt know if hand spasms could be being glutened or not.

paula

Hi Paula!

Yes, I get frequent hand spasms, but not sure why. I was just tested, via bloodwork for Celiac Disease and this Friday I have my endoscopy and colonscopy for suspected Crohn's or Colitis. Now I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis, so I just always chalked up my spasming of my hands to the arthritis. My hands are constantly cold, and they often fall asleep as well, especially at night. Once they begin to tingle to fall asleep, I get the spasms. I know they are not just in my head either, as I show my hubby and he can see my fingers twitching! I will ask my GI about on Friday before she knocks me out and see what she says. I am anemic, with very low iron, wonder if that could do it? I will ask her though and see what she says and let you know.

Bree

thanks bree. Im severly anemic to. I wonder if it is correlated. Maybe i can research that today and see if i find anything on it. But please let me know what your dr says.

paula

Hi Paula,

Now with the kids gone back to school today (it's the most wonderful time.....of the year!! hear me singing?) I have been sitting here too trying to see if I can find anything about these hand spasms and if there is in fact any relation to Celiac. I will keep searching, but if I find nothing, I will ask my GI dr. on Friday. May not be too coherent on Saturday (meds knock me out twice as bad as most people), but I won't forget you and will reply with what she has to say about this.

DH has severe RLS which also affect his hands -- he has hand spasms at night, too. They have just found that his RLS is caused by extremely low ferritin (iron stores) levels. He will also be having tests for Celiac. He's taking high iron doses but it's not helping.