This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Painful Red Bumps

melmak5

melmak5 Contributor

Dear amazing people of the board,

You have been so helpful that I am asking once again for your advice/suggestions.

In the midst of my digestive and ovary woes, I have yet again broken out in spots, this time worse than last.

A GI saw the first round and said that it is not DH, and I have no other indication I have ingested gluten (but I am still only 2 months into this gluten free game, so digestive oddness is still my world.)

I broke out in them on Sunday. They are:

-on my abdomen, butt and upper thighs

-are itchy when its hot (out off the shower/when I sweat)

-are raised, almost like pimples, but without a white spot

-some are painful, I was walking around with ice in my waistband (they were most irritated where clothing seams touched)

I also have raised bumps that are not red on my forearms, wrists and forehead (these do not itch and are not painful)

I take zyrtec daily, which seems to have no affect on them. They have gone down and aren't so itchy now, but are still hanging around.

Does this sound like anything anyone else has had?

Thanks,

Slightly itchy & scratchy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

melmak5 Contributor

This just in...

I might have done this to myself by taking echinacea and goldenseal capsules.

I was trying to prevent my bacterial overgrowth from coming back, but I didn't realize echinacea is related to ragweed and chrysanthemums, which make me sneeze and wheeze.

I am not taking anymore and shall see how I fair.

gfpaperdoll Rookie

Oh My, I hope you are better soon!!!!

MrsZST Newbie

This is the same problem I've had for over 10 years. Every Allopathic Doctor I've seen has claimed it is an environmental allergy, but not a single allergy medication has managed to help it. The Naturopathic Doctor I went to said it is from the gluten/wheat allergy, so I've been trying to remove these from my diet. It's tough since I haven't been officially diagnosed with Celiac Disease, but I do know that when I don't have the gluten/wheat, I don't have the bumps.

There's a good chance that something you ate may have been processed in a plant that processes either wheat/gluten. Even a small amount can cause a reaction and if you've been pretty good about removing the gluten, then you are more likely to react more aggressively when you do actually take in some.

Another thing I'm told is that when gluten/wheat are ridding themselves from the body, the body may have a detoxification process. You may experience extreme reactions to things that you may or may not have experienced in the past. Believe it or not, it is a good sign!

Good for you for being diligent!

The only thing that has gotten me to "cheat" so far is my pregnancy cravings, but I'm learning to try to control them. ;)

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

HI melmak, my understanding is that if you don't feel like you were first attacked by a horde of fire ants and then wrapped in a blanket full of fleas and mosquitoes, it's probably not DH. DH itches like nothing else I've ever felt, and it kinda hurts a little bit, sort of a tightening of the skin. But pimple looking, irritated under the clothing seams, itches more in the heat, hurts a little rashes usually describe DH pretty darn well! Except that you have bumps that don't itch, that doesn't sound like DH. Oddly enough, the only clothes I can tolerate wearing when I have it is spandex. Go figure.

NoGluGirl Contributor
HI melmak, my understanding is that if you don't feel like you were first attacked by a horde of fire ants and then wrapped in a blanket full of fleas and mosquitoes, it's probably not DH. DH itches like nothing else I've ever felt, and it kinda hurts a little bit, sort of a tightening of the skin. But pimple looking, irritated under the clothing seams, itches more in the heat, hurts a little rashes usually describe DH pretty darn well! Except that you have bumps that don't itch, that doesn't sound like DH. Oddly enough, the only clothes I can tolerate wearing when I have it is spandex. Go figure.

Dear JNBunnie1,

Is there any way that DH can mimic acne? I have it on my face, down my neck, on my chest, and it itches so bad that I actually scratch it until it bleeds at times. The more you scratch, the more it itches. The less you scratch, the more it itches. Sometimes my back feels like I am being poked with needles.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

melmak5 Contributor

I really really don't think it was gluten, the itching was very specific to being hot and/or sweaty, no blisters, no bleeding. I guess anything is possible, but the spots are almost all gone and I am able to wear clothes comfortably... with the exception of my ever changing waistline. I have had to wear either elastic waste or draw string for the past week. I started regurgitating food again yesterday so I think the bacterial overgrowth is back.

It hurts under my ribs when I eat

I went from extreme constipation Friday morning to have D 5-11x a day

I am burping excessively

Physically exhausted (I slept for 15 hours Friday night into Saturday)

And the regurgitation is back

I cannot wait for the day when my body decides to stop all this nonsense.

It also appears that I have slightly elevated liver enzymes and that the only vitamin D in my system is that my body is making (this is according to my interpretation of my lab results, cause why on earth would one of the 3 doctors treating me call me back to explain them)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear melmak5,

It sounds like h. pylori and/or gallbladder problems. If you have a problem with the gallbladder, elevated liver enzymes can occur. Normally, that occurs when there is a stone in the common bile duct which connects to the liver. It causes bile to back up. You sound like you may have an ulcer as well. I take probiotics, but probably need more to help my situation. One of my friends has bacterial dysbiosis, and it caused her many stomach issues. I have an overgrowth of yeast, which can contribute to that. Carla B. is who to PM about how to resolve the bacterial dysbiosis.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

melmak5 Contributor

My gallbladder has checked out a-ok 3 different times.

I take probiotics as well, before, during and after my course of antibiotics for bacterial overgrowth.

My endoscopy was clear, no ulcers either.

I really appreciate your advice, I am hoping I have narrowed it down to just the bacteria, but I am open to other thoughts.

Thanks, I will pm them both.

NoGluGirl Contributor
My gallbladder has checked out a-ok 3 different times.

I take probiotics as well, before, during and after my course of antibiotics for bacterial overgrowth.

My endoscopy was clear, no ulcers either.

I really appreciate your advice, I am hoping I have narrowed it down to just the bacteria, but I am open to other thoughts.

Thanks, I will pm them both.

Dear melmak5,

I had my gallbladder turn up fine in all three tests. Then, it turns out, those tests such as the HIDA scan and gallbladder ultrasound are only about 33 percent accurate at best. My doctor told me it was fine. If I had listened to him, mine would have ruptured inside of me! Thank God for intuition!

I am glad you did not have ulcers. My grandmother had one and nearly bled to death. It was the size of an orange. Now she has Alzheimer's from the extensive blood loss. It is all so tragic.

I know you can do stool tests for bacteria. Carla is taking a variety of natural supplements for her bacterial overgrowth. She is very aware of this situation. She could help you. One thing I know she takes is Oregano Oil.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

melmak5 Contributor

NoGluGirl - thank you so much. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out you did have a problem with your gallbladder?

I have had a blood test, urine test and ultrasound of my abdomen that showed a normal gallbladder.

Is t here something else I should be looking at, asking for?

Thanks again,

Kristina

NoGluGirl Contributor
NoGluGirl - thank you so much. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find out you did have a problem with your gallbladder?

I have had a blood test, urine test and ultrasound of my abdomen that showed a normal gallbladder.

Is t here something else I should be looking at, asking for?

Thanks again,

Kristina

Dear Kristina,

Well, mostly I just listened to my body. The thing that had me so ill was not showing up! My doctor relied to heavily on the tests. I had an abdominal CT done way before that. It turns out while I was having my gallbladder ultrasound nearly three years later, the technician performing the test told me about it. The moron doctor I had that was convinced I was crazy missed the gallstone! :angry:

I may have physically assaulted that doctor had I come into contact with her at the moment. I still hate her. I switched doctors before I did the ultrasound. It turns out, my research said that if you have low density gallstones, they tend to show up more in the abdominal CT. That is odd, since it is typically the least useful in diagnosing gallstones. Stones can also pass between tests.

Judging by the liver enzymes being raised, I would guess a bile duct stone is a good possibility. HIDA scans can pick those up. If you have not had one done, it could not hurt. It may not be extremely accurate, but I do know some people have been diagnosed with them. I used to have horrible abdominal pain in my lower abdomen as well. It felt like a double-edged sword was ripping through my intestines. I also had to go to the bathroom every time I ate. Everything went in and then out the other end. It feels sort of like someone put hit you with a rock under your ribcage, and the pain radiates a bit. This especially occurs several hours after eating spicy or greasy food. The attacks are more common at night and in the early morning hours. Terrible reflux is also a major symptom. Nausea was my worst symptom. I knew I had done the right thing when I was told my gallbladder was severely inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured at my post-op check-up ten days after the surgery.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

melmak5 Contributor

Wow, that is horrible. I am so sorry that you had to deal with that for 3 years!

Currently, I feel almost exactly like I did before being on antibiotics. Perhaps I am being overly deluded, but I am hoping it is just the bacteria again. (I still haven't been able to figure out my whole ruptured ovarian cyst thing yet... but I do not have any sharp stabbing pain, it is mostly pressure/bloating/distention and lots of burping.)

I have a friend who looked over my blood work (she used to work in a blood bank) and says its quite possible that the elevated liver enzymes are because my body is trying to process something out, that it looks like my liver is working hard to flush out something - but they aren't high enough to be concerned.

I just just started a new job, and need to pick new health insurance and find a new primary care.

In general I am wondering if the celiac, bacterial overgrowth and ovarian cysts, not absorbing vitamin D, elevated liver enzymes could somehow be connected.

I am hoping that a new doctor and a fresh set of eyes will look at EVERYTHING, not just treat one organ or system.

I really appreciate you speaking so candidly with me. Until I can get a new doctor (and time off to go) I am hoping to beg for antibiotics tomorrow and see if I can at least cross bacteria off the list.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Wow, that is horrible. I am so sorry that you had to deal with that for 3 years!

Currently, I feel almost exactly like I did before being on antibiotics. Perhaps I am being overly deluded, but I am hoping it is just the bacteria again. (I still haven't been able to figure out my whole ruptured ovarian cyst thing yet... but I do not have any sharp stabbing pain, it is mostly pressure/bloating/distention and lots of burping.)

I have a friend who looked over my blood work (she used to work in a blood bank) and says its quite possible that the elevated liver enzymes are because my body is trying to process something out, that it looks like my liver is working hard to flush out something - but they aren't high enough to be concerned.

I just just started a new job, and need to pick new health insurance and find a new primary care.

In general I am wondering if the celiac, bacterial overgrowth and ovarian cysts, not absorbing vitamin D, elevated liver enzymes could somehow be connected.

I am hoping that a new doctor and a fresh set of eyes will look at EVERYTHING, not just treat one organ or system.

I really appreciate you speaking so candidly with me. Until I can get a new doctor (and time off to go) I am hoping to beg for antibiotics tomorrow and see if I can at least cross bacteria off the list.

Dear melmak5,

I am just glad I listened to my body. That is the most important thing you can do. I used to listen to everyone around me but myself. That is when you get yourself into trouble. Always go with your instincts. Since I began doing that, I have not been steered wrong!

The symptoms you are describing sound exactly like the trouble I had with my gallbladder. However, bacterial dysbiosis is similar in the symptoms. Here is something that might help. For some strange reason, ginger actually irritates the reflux and indigestion if your gallbladder is responsible. Maybe you could get some gingerroot capsules and take them and see if this bothers you. If so, your gallbladder is likely contributing. You often feel too full after eating even a small amount of food, too.

Another thing to keep in mind is, it might not be one or the other. It could be both. I am like you, where I have had a bunch of things at once, where it is difficult to tell what was causing the worst of it. I had 5 ovarian cysts in a period of less than 10 months when I was 17, and they have had me on the Depo-Provera ever since. At the time, I was anemic from heavy periods, and my menstrual cramps were so bad the first three days of the cycle that I could not even stand straight. There was pain going from my uterus down into my rectum.

Liver enzymes I would suspect could be more effected by the gallbladder. It is part of the hepatobialary system. The liver, pancreas, and gallbladder all are part of the same group of organs. When I was in the surgeon's office waiting for my surgery to be scheduled, I prayed to God for a sign that I had made the right decision. While in the waiting room, a woman not much older than I was told me I was wise to get it out then. She was like me, where nothing showed up in her tests, yet her gallbladder was bad. She had a sandy substance made of bile and cholesterol called sludge that had built up in her gallbladder. It then ate through the gallbladder wall, into the pancreas. The woman now has pancreatitis, for which there is no cure, kidney and liver problems. She can never have any alcohol for any reason, and must restrict her fat intake everyday. That was when I knew I had made the right decision. This poor woman, like many of us, had to suffer from the ramifications of doctors' mistakes.

I am sure you will choose the right plan for you. Good luck with the insurance and new job! I am sure it will work out!

You will find the right doctor. Just ask around. I went to the healthfood store and asked to find mine. Seek and you shall find. They should be able to help you figure it out meanwhile. It could be a combination of everything. In all truth, it is rare only one specific thing causes illness. Let me know if the antibiotics help!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

melmak5 Contributor

Last night and this morning were the worst pains I have experienced thus far, I almost passed out this morning while going to the bathroom.

I finally reached my doctor who said "there is no reason for you to be having these symptoms, but I am going to prescribe a second course of antibiotics."

We shall see how these do.

I am also trying to follow up with the gyn to make sure all of this nonsense isn't my ovaries causing mayhem for my digestive tract too.

I will sit down with all the new insurance stuff and figure it out one day this week. Hopefully I can pick a primary care who does more than dictate misinformation to his/her staff.

melmak5 Contributor

the internet says don't eat carbohydrates with bacterial overgrowth

but i am having a rough time with fats right now

and i don't think bacon is the answer to this problem (i don't think my body would take kindly to a large influx of meat)

and i have not been digesting the dark leafy greens i have been eating... they come out the way they go in

when i eat fruit i almost always regurgitate it

so i think i can accurately say, i have no idea what i "should" be eating

any gluten-free, dairy-free, low carb "easy to digest" foods out there?

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear melmak5,

I know what you are saying. I have the same issue. Everything irritates my system. I do not know why. It all is upset all the time. There seems to be nothing that helps.

I hope the pain goes away for both of us! I am having terrible lower abdominal cramps. The past three days it has been like that. I am not sure what is causing them. I do not know if yeast can cause that or not.

I went to the doctor today, and worry she thinks I am a hypochondriac. It makes me angry. At least she says she is going to look up the Lyme lab now. She does not know how to interpret the results, but at least I have some friends who can.

I get very depressed.

Fruit turns my tongue white and often gives me terrible gas. Sometimes I am fine, but there are others where I suffer unmercifully. The stomach issues make everything difficult. The yeast overgrowth may be causing a lot of this, but who knows? I could have a ton of things wrong. As for the low-carb thing, I have no idea. Pork seems to set my system off, but I have no idea why. There are not a lot of easy to digest high protein foods.

Good luck with finding a good doctor! It is not an easy task. I do not trust them. I understand why you feel the way you do. Let me know how things workout with the insurance.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

melmak5 Contributor

Are you ready for this...

Apparently there is NOTHING wrong with my ovaries, the radiologist checked them out and deemed them "normal."

I am so confused and more concerned that there is something ELSE wrong with my insides.

Someone brought sandwiches for everyone in the office today and I nearly had a meltdown over not being able to partake. Today sucks.

But... I haven't vomited in 20 hours, so maybe it doesn't suck too badly.

Dear JNBunnie1,

Is there any way that DH can mimic acne? I have it on my face, down my neck, on my chest, and it itches so bad that I actually scratch it until it bleeds at times. The more you scratch, the more it itches. The less you scratch, the more it itches. Sometimes my back feels like I am being poked with needles.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Good lord but you two are having an awful time of it.

NogluGirl, your description of your 'acne' is EXACTLY how I felt the first time I got DH. I think you need to start waging a war on getting gluten out of your diet. Maybe a good way to figure out how to do that would be to give (me, or another friend) all the reasons why you CAN'T, and then we could help you figure out how to fix the way things are so you can! Also, what kinds of fruit do that to you? All kinds? And does your tongue turn white immediately or later on? Pork probably sets your system off because it's not good for you, I'll explain why if you like. The gas thing sounds like a yeast overgrowth. It honestly sounds like leaky gut syndrome from yeast overgrowth. Here's an interesting link, I haven't verified the info but it all seems kosher to me...

Open Original Shared Link

Melmak, it does sound like you're having a bacterial issue to me. You'll know when you take the new course of antibiotics. Now remember, those bad bacteria will just come right back when you're done with the antibiotics. Maybe Carla B could suggest some things to start taking before you go off the antibiotics.

NoGluGirl Contributor
Good lord but you two are having an awful time of it.

NogluGirl, your description of your 'acne' is EXACTLY how I felt the first time I got DH. I think you need to start waging a war on getting gluten out of your diet. Maybe a good way to figure out how to do that would be to give (me, or another friend) all the reasons why you CAN'T, and then we could help you figure out how to fix the way things are so you can! Also, what kinds of fruit do that to you? All kinds? And does your tongue turn white immediately or later on? Pork probably sets your system off because it's not good for you, I'll explain why if you like. The gas thing sounds like a yeast overgrowth. It honestly sounds like leaky gut syndrome from yeast overgrowth. Here's an interesting link, I haven't verified the info but it all seems kosher to me...

Open Original Shared Link

Melmak, it does sound like you're having a bacterial issue to me. You'll know when you take the new course of antibiotics. Now remember, those bad bacteria will just come right back when you're done with the antibiotics. Maybe Carla B could suggest some things to start taking before you go off the antibiotics.

Dear JNBunnie1,

Actually, I have been gluten-free for over a year. However, due to being stuck living with my parents, I have to share a kitchen. As a result, I still get glutened periodically. :( My parents do not always take it very seriously, and say I am just obsessed with gluten and Celiacs. I never eat gluten willingly, because I have a violent reaction. I will breakout in a sweat, become extremely nauseated, have the sudden need to have a bowel movement, start shaking, sometimes my hands go numb, and if I do not get my Promethazine down fast enough, will get dry heaves so forceful that I feel like my insides are emploding. I am pretty much OCD about gluten.

Canned fruit normally is the worst to turn my tongue white immediately after eating it. This is probably due to corn syrup being in it. Fresh fruit normally sets better when I can eat it almost immediately after bringing it home. Pretty well all fruit does it to me. I know I have a major overgrowth of Candida. I have been on anywhere between two to four courses of antibiotics per year since birth (I am 24 now), and as a teenager also was placed on Depo-Provera due to ovarian cysts when pills did not help, and I was on steroids for asthma for several years. I am trying to ease into the Candida Diet, but have been unable to go low-carb due to low blood sugar. It is very frustrating.

Thank you for the link on Leaky-Gut! :) That is a site I have not come across before. I do a lot of research. There is a possibility I have Lyme, and it tends to be accompanied by some of these things. They all are related.

Pork is not kosher, I know that much! It is pretty high in fat, too. I think the fat is what bothers me the most. Since my gallbladder was out, anything having much fat makes me ill upon eating it. Beef sets alright, but I get 97 percent lean. I am open for more information on pork if you would like to share.

I bet I do have DH! That would explain why the acne treatment does not get rid of it. I have been getting little bumps under my nose between it and my upper lip more recently. They look like pimples, but they hurt like blisters. Also, does the sun make DH worse? Everywhere the red bumps were is where my face looked sunburned when I went out the other week.

Dear melmak5,

I am glad your ovaries are alright. Still, that does not solve the mystery. I know how frustrated you are. It really is annoying. You pay up the wazoo for these morons to do crap to you, only to leave depressed more than you were when you got there, convinced they believe you are nuts. Don't worry, we will figure things out. The bacteria sure is something that needs fixed. Carla will be a great help if you contact her, I am sure.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Dear JNBunnie1,

Actually, I have been gluten-free for over a year. However, due to being stuck living with my parents, I have to share a kitchen. As a result, I still get glutened periodically. :( My parents do not always take it very seriously, and say I am just obsessed with gluten and Celiacs. I never eat gluten willingly, because I have a violent reaction. I will breakout in a sweat, become extremely nauseated, have the sudden need to have a bowel movement, start shaking, sometimes my hands go numb, and if I do not get my Promethazine down fast enough, will get dry heaves so forceful that I feel like my insides are emploding. I am pretty much OCD about gluten.

Canned fruit normally is the worst to turn my tongue white immediately after eating it. This is probably due to corn syrup being in it. Fresh fruit normally sets better when I can eat it almost immediately after bringing it home. Pretty well all fruit does it to me. I know I have a major overgrowth of Candida. I have been on anywhere between two to four courses of antibiotics per year since birth (I am 24 now), and as a teenager also was placed on Depo-Provera due to ovarian cysts when pills did not help, and I was on steroids for asthma for several years. I am trying to ease into the Candida Diet, but have been unable to go low-carb due to low blood sugar. It is very frustrating.

Thank you for the link on Leaky-Gut! :) That is a site I have not come across before. I do a lot of research. There is a possibility I have Lyme, and it tends to be accompanied by some of these things. They all are related.

Pork is not kosher, I know that much! It is pretty high in fat, too. I think the fat is what bothers me the most. Since my gallbladder was out, anything having much fat makes me ill upon eating it. Beef sets alright, but I get 97 percent lean. I am open for more information on pork if you would like to share.

I bet I do have DH! That would explain why the acne treatment does not get rid of it. I have been getting little bumps under my nose between it and my upper lip more recently. They look like pimples, but they hurt like blisters. Also, does the sun make DH worse? Everywhere the red bumps were is where my face looked sunburned when I went out the other week.

Dear melmak5,

I am glad your ovaries are alright. Still, that does not solve the mystery. I know how frustrated you are. It really is annoying. You pay up the wazoo for these morons to do crap to you, only to leave depressed more than you were when you got there, convinced they believe you are nuts. Don't worry, we will figure things out. The bacteria sure is something that needs fixed. Carla will be a great help if you contact her, I am sure.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Oh, no, I know you've been gluten free, I just thought a sounding board about all the ways your family gets gluten in your food might help to give you ideas on how to prevent it. I think the white stuff on your tongue is thrush, which is the oral presentation of candida in the sytem. If you have it in your mouth (and you'lll be able to tell if that's what it is if you can sort of scrape it off when it happens) then thats means you're seriously overloaded with candida. I have actually been borderline hypoglycemic all my life (much better since gluten-free) and have found that even though the foods I'm eating may have less sugar, If I just eat MORE of them I'm usually ok. That means 50% more meat than you normally would, and twice the veggies you normally would, and more often. The bonus is that veggies are much cheaper than gluten free baked products. Like for example, I've been using spaghetti squash instead of gluten-free spaghetti. I think you have Dh too, last time I got glutened I had one big rash on my leg and it was awful, but this latest time my face is doing exactly what you describe.

There's a number of reasons pork isn't good for you, and you're right about not being kosher. I've actually been studying nutrition for some time now, and have found that the most effective and scientifically supportable diet for health is actually the diet of the Bible. The Old Testament, to be precise. Ever wonder why until a few hundred years ago, the Jews were the most long-lived race in history? Because they'd been given guidelines for food and hygiene that noone else has. Chief amongst them the 'no shellfish, no cloven hoofed animal' edict. Also, their instructions for cleansing and directions for how to 'process' a dead body made them almost immune to the plague, they were very much hated for that. Even the modern Jews that I know don't follow a biblical diet, although it may be parve, it's not biblical in the sense that they're eating foods that weren't available two thousand years ago, especially processed grains. Ok I'm babbling.

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast

My daughter gets this after she is glutened. I know its not diaper rash as she is potty trained and it spreads out more so then that part of her butt. Desitin overnight relief (40% zinc oxide) works and takes care of it in a few days. Im not sure why but it does.

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear JNBunnie1,

I am sure I have the yeast. It is awful. I actually am so sore in the "Netherlands" that it often hurts to sit down. Then there is the oral thrush. I actually have difficulty scraping it off, believe it or not. The GI upset is particularly troublesome.

My blood sugar and blood pressure both get low frequently.

Getting glutened periodically is impossible to avoid here. My parents eat it. I have to share the kitchen. The good news is, my mother hardly cooks. They eat gluten-containing foods all of the time, though. I bet I have DH afterall! I also have it down my back, neck, and even a bit on my shoulders, plus some at the edge of my scalp! I have my cookware and utensils in an airtight container, as well as being certain to take extreme precautions. My reaction is too violent.

I have tried to cut out a lot of sugar. That really feeds the yeast, and makes hypoglycemia worse. For some reason, certain things that normally raise other people's blood sugar does not raise mine much. It may be due to coffee. Caffeine tends to accelorate the metabolism of carbohydrate. I will keep in mind your tips. I would like to do The Zone Diet again. I felt better on it, and it is supposed to naturally balance your brain chemistry as well as your blood sugar.

Kosher does seem to be the better way to go. Jews ate pure food back then. Many wise sages lived to be 200 or 300 years old! We truly have strayed greatly from what God intended. If you notice, they did not mention wheat in the Garden of Eden, at least not that I recall.

My brother says pork makes him ill as well. There are many things that its fat is bad for. Your dog should not eat it. Actually, dogs were not meant to consume grain either. Not many know that.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Archived