This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Suffolk Group

joelcontrol

joelcontrol Apprentice

suffolk county nyOur next meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 11th at 7:30 pm (delayed one week because of Labor Day).

This meeting will be dedicated to answering as many questions as we can about Celiac Disease. So, if you are newly diagnosed or are a "seasoned" Celiac, bring your questions, problems, comments, gripes and anything else you can think of and we'll try to help. We'll talk about foods, restaurants, doctors, online vendors and whatever else comes up.

We will also be giving you an update on what's going on with the group and what's in store for future meetings.

We will have two guest vendors:

Keith Kohler from Core Naturals

Nutritious Creations - a gluten-free cookie company located right in Bay Shore

It will be a very informative meeting and we look forward to seeing everyone there.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

de caps Contributor

Where is this meeting held?

darlindeb25 Collaborator

The meetings are held in: The West Islip Community Center--90 Higbie Lane--West Islip---it's an old elementary school. Our meetings are always toward the back of the building on the right side. We will look forward to seeing you there!

• 3 weeks later...
joelcontrol Apprentice

Now something good - a reminder - Dr. Peter Green will be our guest speaker next week, Tuesday, October 2nd. The talk will be in the auditorium (front of the building) and we will have four vendors in the cafeteria for afterwards. There will also be samples from an additional four vendors.

Obviously, we will need some help with this month's meeting. We will need people to collect the admission fee, sell Dr. Green's book, help set up and clean up in the cafeteria. If you can help out, please be at Higbie Lane as early as possible.

We have Dr.Green scheduled for 7:30 pm and would like to start right on time. His talk will run about an hour and then everyone can go to the cafeteria for coffee and check out the vendors/samples.

The price is $5.00 per person. Please make every effort to attend - this is a fund raiser - all proceeds will be given to the Celiac Disease Center and our group will match all admission fees and donations.

See you next week.

Barbara Pepitone

Suffolk County Celiacs

Archived