Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JennyC

What's The Deal With Lactaid?

I saw on a post that Lactaid is not gluten free, but they say that there is no detectable amount of gluten in their product. This statement seems to indicate that perhaps they don't check up on each outside ingredient, but they test their product? Even if that is the case, I think that the fact that they test their product makes it just as safe as many mainstream products that many people consume. I just don't see the harm in using Lactaid. Could people please share your thoughts and experiences. Thanks!

The ingredients in Lactaid are milk, and an enzyme that 'eats' the lactose. We've been using it off and on without problems. However, we usually buy the Land o' Lakes Lactose free milk because it's a little cheaper.

I saw on a post that Lactaid is not gluten free, but they say that there is no detectable amount of gluten in their product. This statement seems to indicate that perhaps they don't check up on each outside ingredient, but they test their product? Even if that is the case, I think that the fact that they test their product makes it just as safe as many mainstream products that many people consume. I just don't see the harm in using Lactaid. Could people please share your thoughts and experiences. Thanks!

This is good to know since I have been drinking Lactaid Milk. I did not have any for the last week and started drinkin reg milk and my tummy was a little upset. Today I finally went and bought some milk but it was Dairy Ease I think and I seem to feel even better with this that the Lactaid Milk and at Walmart it is $2.96 over Lactaid milk that is $3.94. Do you know that if Dairy Ease milk is gluten-free I have not seen anything to indiacate other wise.

donna

This is good to know since I have been drinking Lactaid Milk. I did not have any for the last week and started drinkin reg milk and my tummy was a little upset. Today I finally went and bought some milk but it was Dairy Ease I think and I seem to feel even better with this that the Lactaid Milk and at Walmart it is $2.96 over Lactaid milk that is $3.94. Do you know that if Dairy Ease milk is gluten-free I have not seen anything to indiacate other wise.

donna

I've been drinking Dairy Ease with no ill effects. I strongly prefer the taste to Lactaid, and it's cheap. I don't like shopping at WalMart, so I pick up about 4-5 gallons a time.

Geoff

that's all I drink is the lactaid milk, some times switching from fat free to 1% to regular i have no problem with it.. Now the lactiad chew-able tables may have glutens in it, because those chew- ables do nothing to ease any discomfort when I do dairy like cheese.. that's on the gluten free pizza's :(

What I am wondering is why people don't think Lactaid chewables/caplets are not safe when the company says there are no detectable levels of gluten in their products. I understand that is not the best statement to hear from a company, as it would be better if they would say it is gluten free. The ingredients are gluten free, and they take the time to test their products. I was just looking for others' points of view.

Thanks for all the responses.