Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XxKittykat

I Accidentally Had Gluten

Is there anything I can do to "speed" up the process of getting better from being glutenated? I had some brown rice pasta the other night and turns out the salt I used had gluten it in. This was on Friday night, it's now Sunday and I still feel completely horrible. I have my first test at college this Tuesday, and I don't want to have to take a biology test feeling like this - I can't even concentrate! I'm so incredibly bloated, it looks/feels so weird because i'm so petite. Anything I can do to help reduce that? I'm drinking as much water as I can take, and I'm on probiotics. I'm also trying to go easy on what I eat-i'm eating gluten-free lunchmeat (applegate farms), rice, and some jelly beans (lol, not the best but yummy). I don't want to feel this way!!!!!!!!!

Is there anything I can do to "speed" up the process of getting better from being glutenated? I had some brown rice pasta the other night and turns out the salt I used had gluten it in. This was on Friday night, it's now Sunday and I still feel completely horrible. I have my first test at college this Tuesday, and I don't want to have to take a biology test feeling like this - I can't even concentrate! I'm so incredibly bloated, it looks/feels so weird because i'm so petite. Anything I can do to help reduce that? I'm drinking as much water as I can take, and I'm on probiotics. I'm also trying to go easy on what I eat-i'm eating gluten-free lunchmeat (applegate farms), rice, and some jelly beans (lol, not the best but yummy). I don't want to feel this way!!!!!!!!!

First if you are not already get yourself some sublingual B12, that will help with the brain fog a bit and with energy. I am not sure how you could have been glutened by the salt, did they put a cracker in it to absorb moisture? You may want to skip the stuff like lunch meat and especially the jelly beans, hopefully you checked those to be sure all the flavors are safe. You don't want junk in your system right now if you can avoid it. Go with gentle single ingredient stuff for right now. Rice and chicken, fruits and veggies etc. If you can avoid taking Immodium do so, it is great if you absolutely have to be out and about but if you can let your body clear itself of the poison as soon as possible it is better. Some find activated charcol to help with the gas, but again make absolutely sure it is gluten-free. Unfortunately once your system gets glutened it is going to take a bit for the antibody reaction to be over with. Do your instructors know about the celiac? If they don't they should be told. Some, not all, will be receptive and understanding and may make provisions for you to either take the test later or to allow you to do some 'extra credit' work to bring the grade up where it should be.