This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Slow Cooker Recipes

isiskingdom

isiskingdom Contributor

I am needing a few slow cooker recipes for chicken and a beef roast. It has to be gluten-free of course and dairy and soy free. I use to use the onion soup mix and cream of mushroom but those are out if I want to enjoy it too I need something else to put in it.. I am planning on making it tomorrow can you throw some recipes my way please!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mama2 Apprentice

I don't know any for chicken of beef... still new at this. BUT I have one for BBQ Pork roast.

4lb Roast

pour a can of coke on it and pour a bottle of BBQ sause without gluten.

Cook on low 8-10hours

Been makeing this forever- always good!

isiskingdom Contributor
I don't know any for chicken of beef... still new at this. BUT I have one for BBQ Pork roast.

4lb Roast

pour a can of coke on it and pour a bottle of BBQ sause without gluten.

Cook on low 8-10hours

Been makeing this forever- always good!

Sounds good but, can not have pork

gfmolly Contributor
I am needing a few slow cooker recipes for chicken and a beef roast. It has to be gluten-free of course and dairy and soy free. I use to use the onion soup mix and cream of mushroom but those are out if I want to enjoy it too I need something else to put in it.. I am planning on making it tomorrow can you throw some recipes my way please!!

We had this Tuesday and it was so good!

1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1 inch chunks

1 20 oz can pineapple slices drained, reserve juice

1 8 oz. bottle of Kraft French dressing

1 TBSP grated lemon peel

1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips

1 tbsp. cornstarch

1 tbsp water

2 cups broccoli

1 cup sliced carrots

1. Place chicken pieces in slow cooking pot. In bowl combine pineapple juice, salad dressing and lemon peel. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook at low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

2. Fifteen minutes before serving, arrange pineapple slices and green pepper over chicken to heat through. Steam broccoli and carrots.

3. If desired, thicken juices with 1 tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. of water. Stir slowly into juices until thickened at setting #5 (high). Serve over brown rice.

We loved it!

StrongerToday Enthusiast

I make a "Grandma's Roast Chicken and Dumplings"

1 whole chicken (make sure if fits in pot with room around it!)

1 can gluten-free chicken broth, add water if needed

sprinkle your favorite herbs on - I use thyme, rosemary, sage, salt, pepper, a bay leaf

let cook!

When it's done, take out the chicken, keep it warm, and strain the broth. Turn the broth on high (you can do this in the crock pot) and stir in corn startch to thicken the broth into a gravy.

If you like, drop dumplings (use your favorite recipe here) on to cook - about 30 minutes or so.

You'd think Grandma's been slaving over the stove all day!

chocolatelover Contributor

On that chicken recipe...how high should the liquid come up the chicken, and do you do it on high or low? How long? I just happen to have a whole chicken sitting in my fridge waiting to be cooked, and I'm working all day tomorrow--what a great find today! Thanks!

StrongerToday Enthusiast
On that chicken recipe...how high should the liquid come up the chicken, and do you do it on high or low? How long? I just happen to have a whole chicken sitting in my fridge waiting to be cooked, and I'm working all day tomorrow--what a great find today! Thanks!

Sorry, I'm an "eyeballer" style of cook.... I'd bring it up about 1/4 to 1/3, and I cook on low 6 - 8 hours, high if under six hours.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

isiskingdom Contributor
Sorry, I'm an "eyeballer" style of cook.... I'd bring it up about 1/4 to 1/3, and I cook on low 6 - 8 hours, high if under six hours.

Does Anyone have a beef roast recipe? I still haven't found one.

Archived