Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confusedks

Sodium Lactate

I went to go get some dairy free frozen yogurt, but of course I asked to look at the ingredient list for gluten. I found out it's gluten free, but one of the ingredients was sodium lactate. Is this dairy or not...I kept getting mixed messages when I googled it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

This is from www.godairyfree.com

SURPRISINGLY DAIRY FREE INGREDIENTS

Calcium Lactate

Calcium Propionate

Calcium Stearoyl

Lactylate

Cocoa Butter

Cocoa Powder

Cream of Tartar

Lactic Acid

Lecithin Oleoresin

Sodium Lactate

Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate

http://www.godairyfree.org/Food-to-Eat/Foo...dient-List.html

ps. where did you find dairy-free frozen yogurt????? :)

My local frozen yogurt place. It's called Studio City Yogurt. But, if you look at most frozen yogurt places, they have at least one dairy free yogurt. Frostline is the name of the brand that this place uses. It is gluten free but you have to make sure what they add to the the powder is gluten free and dairy free.

Thanks for the list.

Kassandra

Thanks for the info. I just found this, too...so I dunno :huh: Sorry for confusing the issue lol

Can Frostline nondairy dessert mixes be consumed by people who are allergic to dairy?

Frostline nondairy dry dessert mixes (D400, D410, D595, D425) contain a very small amount of sodium caseinate which is a protein derived from milk. This ingredient is so highly processed that government officials do not consider it to be a dairy substance. As a result, Precision Foods is legally able to label Frostline soft serve as