Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Vitamins

Hi, I know this has been discussed numerous times before but I have a vitamin question. My pediatrician keeps the kids on perscriptions vitamins and I have to assume it is because there is no flouride in the water here and the vitamins have flouride in them. I think this because all of my friends who have kids in this area are also given perscription vitamins with flouride. Well now that my son is dairy free as well as gluten free I tried to get in touch with the pharm. company that makes the vitamins to see if they are gluten-free/cf. No one will call me back, very frustrating. So in the mean time, I discovered that, I believe it is Poland Springs, is now making a kids water bottle with flouride in it. I figured if he gets the flouride from there maybe I would try an over the counter vitamin. I thought someone once said on here that Centrum for kids is gluten-free but the second or third ingredient was a foreign sounding word but had (wheat) next to it. I would have never recognized the ingredient as wheat if it weren't in ( ). So, can anyone tell me the name of an over the counter vitamin that is both gluten-free/cf?

Nicole

I was having a terrible time finding an affordable gluten-free kids' multivitamin. Then, just a few days ago, I was in our small-town pharmacy, and on a whim, picked up their generic kids' multivitamin. Lo and behold, it said "Gluten Free" right on the bottle! And it was only 4 bucks. The last bottle of kids gluten-free vitamins I bought, I had gotten at a health food store, and it was like 15 dollars. And of course, the kids wouldn't take them because they tasted nasty.

So, the vitamins that I just bought are by Mutual Drug, which is a company out of Raleigh. This may not help you at all, but-- it's worth checking your little small-town drugstore! You never know what you might find.

-Sarah

Lil Critters Gummy Bear Vitamins are gluten free, says on the bottle. But I am not sure if they are CF. I called the company today actually because it also says they are processed in facility with wheat however I spoke with three people including quality control department head and they can all assure me that there is no CC and they are infact gluten free. You can get them at any chain drugstore and supermarket.

Good luck and Take care :) !