Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

frec

Weird Endoscopy Reaction?

I had a follow-up endoscopy last summer to see if my intestine was healing all right. That evening, instead of perking up after the anesthetic, I had chills and a fever of almost 101. I called the gastroenterologist and he said I must have come down with flu right after the procedure, and it was just a coincidence. I was OK in about 12 hours. I still think it was a reaction to one of the sedatives, and I have no particular faith in this doctor. (He is one of those diagnose you and goodbye sorts of gastros.) Has anyone else had a similar problem? I am supposed to get a routine middle-aged colonoscopy someday soon so I would like to figure this out. Thanks.

I had a follow-up endoscopy last summer to see if my intestine was healing all right. That evening, instead of perking up after the anesthetic, I had chills and a fever of almost 101. I called the gastroenterologist and he said I must have come down with flu right after the procedure, and it was just a coincidence. I was OK in about 12 hours. I still think it was a reaction to one of the sedatives, and I have no particular faith in this doctor. (He is one of those diagnose you and goodbye sorts of gastros.) Has anyone else had a similar problem? I am supposed to get a routine middle-aged colonoscopy someday soon so I would like to figure this out. Thanks.

I would get the complete records of the procedure from the doctors office including the list of drugs that they gave you. This does not sound like a reaction from the anethesia because of the chills and fever but it will set your mind at ease if you have moe than just your doctor saying it so do take those records to another GI doctor and tell them about the after effects and your concerns. If you have little faith in your GI you should try to find one that you do trust, not easy I know but best if it can be done.