Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kara'sMom

Can She Have A Wendy's Cheese Burger..no Bun?

Kara used to LOVE a jr. cheeseburger and fries from Wendy's. Now she's asking if she can have just a cheeseburger with no bun...and I'm not sure about their fries. I stopped at McDonald's this afternoon and she said they fry their fries and hash browns in the same fryer so that was a big NO.

Please let me know ASAP as we had a huge yard sale today and we do NOT feel like cooking. We are pooped. THANKS a bunch!

Mary

Kara'sMom

DD age 10

diagnosed celiac 10/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is the Wendy's gluten-free list. Their french fries are not on their gluten-free list because many restaurants cook them in the same oil as the nuggets and fish. Here is what the website says about the Fries:

Potatoes, Vegetable Oil Shortening (contains one or more of the following: partially hydrogenated canola oil, partially hydrogenated soybean oil), Disodium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate (color protector), Dextrose. Cooked in Vegetable Oil. Note: may be cooked in the same oil as Fish Fillets (where available) and Crispy Chicken Nuggets.

I have found Wendy's with dedicated fryers before, but you have to ask at each one. Make sure you watch them make the cheeseburger so they don't try to take it off a bun. That has happened to us a few times and we have to have them make it again.

BTW - McDonalds french fries and hash browns are both gluten-free.

HTH.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

I stopped at McDonald's this afternoon and she said they fry their fries and hash browns in the same fryer so that was a big NO.

I can't help with the Wendy's question. We don't have a Wendy's where I live so I have never checked into their foods.

As for McD's, you siad they fry their fries and hashbrowns in the same fryer, but do they fry anything else in that fryer? The nuggets would be an issue. We eat both the fries and hashbrowns at McD's (some people don't, but it is a personal choice) and they are the only thing cooked in that fryer, the nuggets at our McD's are baked in an oven.

~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

Join eNewsletter

We've eaten at Wendy's without incident quite a few times. I tell them that my daughter has a "wheat allergy" (easier to explain!) and ask them to please be sure that her food doesn't touch any wheat and that they change their gloves before touching her food. You can usually see right into their kitchen and watch them prepare it. She eats a cheese burger with no bun and the mandarin orange slices.

I just found this: http://www.wendyssmartsquare.net/food/pdf/...n_free_list.pdf

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter