Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackie6

Just Diagnosed With Celiac And Want To Get Pregnant

Hello, i just got diagnosed with celiacs and would like to get pregnant very soon. Wondering that since I was just diagnosed, is it smart to wait a while until i get pregnant. I'm 28 and would like to have my first baby before I turn 30. Also, my ob/gyn had put me on Prenate DHA vitamins prior to my diagnosis of celiacs. I think they may contain gluten, but i'm not sure. Do you know of any vitamins that are gluten free?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't know about the prenatal vitamins but most doctors recommend waiting 6 months to a year before getting pregnant to help your body heal. I was DX'ed in February and got pregnant in August and to be honest with you, the cravings have been a little harder than I thought they would be. It's doubly hard to drive past a restaurant that's piping out good smelling food and know that most likely you can't eat in there. Also, I've been glutened twice and it was very stressful which is probably worse for me than for the baby. My advice would be to get the diet down and get healthy before trying. I was 28 when diagnosed, 29 when I got pregnant and I'll just be about 30 when I have the baby so you have time. Good luck!

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter