Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NemesisChick

Serum Folate ?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You can try taking something, but at this point, you won't absorb anything. Before I went gluten-free, I had iron problems and I took more iron than you could imagine and it did nothing. I actually had to have iron IV's because my numbers got so low and I kept passing out because I was so faint all the time.

What's low? How low are your numbers? If they are high low, then you could probably supplement with pills, but if they are at "the point of no return" (quote from my hematologist..lol) then you will need to wait until you are gluten-free, then see what happens. If the numbers still don't come up, then you may need to look into other options.

Kassandra

If you want more info, PM me. I have a lot of experience with iron issues, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Dairy/Casein Free- March 2007

Gluten Free- May 2007

Soy Free- August 2007

Sugar Free- January 2008

Starch Free- January 2008

Egg Free (again!)- February 2008

Sulfur Free- May 2008

Dx'd Lyme Disease and co-infections- December 2007

Join eNewsletter

Ok I don't think I am as bad off as some people. The serum Folate level was 4.2 (norm >5.4). All other tests are negative. My endoscopy is the day before Thanksgiving. I just called my GI and she said that she still has to scope me as even though the TTG is normal it doesn't mean I'm not Celiac. However I feel better knowing the tests are okay... maybe this is something else?

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter