Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Don't Know What To Do. . .

This place is the best place I could think of to post this. I hope you guys can help me!!

This morning, I was taking my meds. I can only take 1 pill at a time because I have a pretty sensitive gag reflex. So I popped my mag oxide pill into my mouth and took a drink of water. I gagged on the water, and when I coughed, I inhaled the pill. This pill has no coating of any kind on it and starts falling apart when it gets wet. Well, I could breath, but I could hear a really loud wheeze whenever I took a breath, and it hurt. I kept trying to cough it up, but it took a while to get it up. I didn't think I would get it up at all. Well, of course the pill had started breaking apart, so only most of the pill came up. I called the dr's office and they said I would probably be fine, but instructed me to call Poison control. So I did, and they told me that I would probably cough for a little while and I should be fine. They said the medicine should just irritate my airway a little.

Fast forward to now. All day I have been coughing like crazy. I feel like there is phlegm in my airway, and I can't get it out. Whenever I take a deep breath, I can hear the junk rattling around in my throat. I don't know if this cough should be gone by now or not. I am worried about getting pneumonia or something. I already had a sore throat, and the coughing is really making it feel worse. I wasn't coughing any before this morning. I have 4 kids to take care of alone for the next 3 days while dh is at work. And my regular dr won't be back in the office until Monday. I am just at a loss. I have searched the internet and I can't find anything.

Someone PLEASE help!!!

Thanks!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Call Poison Control again. Let them know how long the coughing has been going on, and see what they say!

Edit-- Also, try sitting in the bathroom with the shower turned on hot. That can help bring junk up. Hot washcloth on your chest. Anything you would do to get mucous up, should help get that junk out, I would think.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Update when you can! :(

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter