Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

So Bloated!

is there anything i can do? i think i am constipated as well and i took mirilax for 2 days now and i still haven't been able to go to the bathroom. this is allll from eating a bagel on friday!

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Try drinking lots of prune juice and eat cooked prunes as well. For me prune juice always worked an awful lot better than 'official' laxatives or fiber.

Also drink tons of water. And STOP eating gluteny food! It simply isn't worth it, right?

Steve, there is no need to even think about impaction after only two days of being constipated! I'd start to worry after a week.

Are you still having dairy or soy? They can both cause bloating and constipation, even without being glutened. Right now, to get better, you might want to just eat small amounts of naturally gluten-free foods all through the day, like vegetables, fruit and chicken breast (stuff that is easy on the digestive system). No processed food of any kind, even if it is gluten-free.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

is there anything i can do? i think i am constipated as well and i took mirilax for 2 days now and i still haven't been able to go to the bathroom. this is allll from eating a bagel on friday!

I use psyllium seed husks - product called Colon Cleanse - every day. Don't use the ground husks like in Metamucil. Get Colon Cleanse at the health food store - they look like the husks that birds leave after eating seeds.

This is my first post on this site and I hope I figure out how to send...

Join eNewsletter

The constipation may also be due to a lot of accumulated stuff in your colon, it is common for celiacs, you may also want to try 1/3 of an apple with 1 teaspoon of Udo's oil, you can find this oil at wild oats or whole foods. It will star cleaning out your colon, sometimes colon cleanses are too intense for celiac's. I agree with cutting dairy out, when I first got off of gluten it brought inmense relief but I was still getting bloated and constipated. I got off of dairy 2 months ago, and it has made an inmense difference.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter