Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katesmom

Searching

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but does anyone know what happened to the search through google feature? I've been using this forum to search for information for the last year (a big thank you to all of you out there!) and it seems like something had changed today. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Katesmom,

Are you referring to going to google and searching via

Word of interest site:www.glutenfreeforum.com ?

I just tried a couple different words using that method and it seemed to work for me. Can you clarify what problems you are having...hopefully we can help.

Join eNewsletter

Hi Katesmom,

Are you referring to going to google and searching via

Word of interest site:www.glutenfreeforum.com ?

I just tried a couple different words using that method and it seemed to work for me. Can you clarify what problems you are having...hopefully we can help.

Hi thanks for responding, I think I've figured it out. There used to be a search through google box right at the top of the forum page (at least that's how it was one my computer) and it wasn't there today. But I figured out that I can still just perform the same search through google's site anyways. I've always used that box to search through the forums and was completely lost with out it.

Join eNewsletter

Kate,

Scott, the board's admin, recently re-did the page and that link appears to have disappeared. Maybe he'll chime in to let us know if it is or isn't returning. :)

But yes, you can still use the same function by going to google, and then searching using the appropriate method.

For example:

celiac site:www.glutenfreeforum.com

Its a great tool---should be the same as through the link.

Join eNewsletter

I have to say I miss the old style search feature - and I'm a newbie here! I really used that feature the way it was. the way it is now isn't useful to me at all. :(

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

It's ba-a-a-a-a-a-ack! :lol:

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter