Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BemLmom3

Test Results Are In

Well we went in to get Emily's test results this morning. The ped said all was normal, this included the blood screen for Celiac. He also tested liver, kidney's ect. I did not expect the celiac disease to be anything other than normal seeing how she was not eating much gluten at all when tested and the fact that I have read that the results are inaccurate for kids her age. The Dr did not mention any of that....I did tell him that she is on a strict gluten-free diet and the vomiting and D have stopped. He said "good than do not feed her gluten" DUH! She did lose 7 more ounces though in one week. Whats up with that? She has been gluten-free for 5 days and she is still losing? He wants me to take her to the gastrioenterologist, but commented that there was not much else to test for. I do not want to do a bunch more testing when I know for sure she has a gluten intolerance, from the elimination and then reintroducing diet. She is 3.10 yrs and 27lbs, 37 inches. I worry though that she is still losing weight.... I guess I will call and make the appt, maybe by the time she gets in she will have healed some and gained a pound and then I can just cancel it? I will NOT do gluten for them to run the tests again, I do not need a diagnosis to tell me what I already know and hurt my daughter more in the process!

Thanks

Sharon

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If she's still losing, there could be more of an underlying cause and it might be wise to meet with a GI. Other than that, while you wait to see the GI, keep up the gluten-free diet. You're right---you don't have to reintroduce gluten to try and get a positive test. If it's helping some of those symptoms then that is a GOOD thing. It also might take a few more weeks to really see her stabilize her weight a bit.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter