Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joyous

Food-mood Log?

In the book The Diet Cure the author recommends keeping a "food-mood log", particularly during elimination tests. I did it for a few days, and I'm not sure if it's helpful or not.

What do you think?

Joy

Not gluten free yet because I'm waiting to be tested.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It sounds like a good idea. I have kept a food diary for physical symptoms but it probably would have been a good idea if I added mood in there as well.

I think a few days is probably too soon to tell anything. Something you've eaten a few days ago might still be affecting you. And if you're new to the gluten free diet, you could still be getting some unintentional gluten somewhere which could affect your symptoms for many days after ingestion.

I stay stick with it a little longer and see if you can uncover anything.

Just wanted to second what Alex said- I think it's a really great idea, just give it more time!

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

I'm totally on board with the gluten elimination test... It's the log that's starting to feel like more effort than it's worth. At least today. But today is only my second gluten free day (I started the log a couple days before the elimination test), so I imagine there's an adjustment period (gotta get used to not getting those exorphins, right? lol), and any time I have anything stressing me out, physically or otherwise, impatience is the foremost "mood".

Joy

Not gluten free yet because I'm waiting to be tested.