Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BullsAndBears

Pamelas Bread Mix In A Smaller Bread Machine?

Well, I have read all of the success stories on here that people have had with the Zoji and Pamela's mix. I decided to follow the trend and bought myself a Zoji as well. However, I got the BB-HAC10 which is a 1 lb. breadmaker (as versus the larger 2 lb. that most of you have). Does anyone else have this smaller machine? My biggest question is...can I simply cut the ingredient amounts in half? If anyone has any experience in this category, please speak up! Thanks in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I really loved that small Zoji machine due to the small space it takes, BUT....I decided the tiny pan was too small since most bread mixes are for 1.5 pound loaves. That said, I sort of think you might be able to cut a mix in half and do it half at a time in that small pan.....I did the Pamela's mix in a pan designed for 2-lb loaves and the mix was for 1.5 lbs, and it still rose a lot and was nice and quite high enough for me. Give it a try, anyway!

Well, I have read all of the success stories on here that people have had with the Zoji and Pamela's mix. I decided to follow the trend and bought myself a Zoji as well. However, I got the BB-HAC10 which is a 1 lb. breadmaker (as versus the larger 2 lb. that most of you have). Does anyone else have this smaller machine? My biggest question is...can I simply cut the ingredient amounts in half? If anyone has any experience in this category, please speak up! Thanks in advance.

CAROLE

-------------

Enterolab 1/2006

IgA & tTg Positive

DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)

Casein IgA positive

Mom has 2 celiac genes

Both kids have a celiac gene.

Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.