Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sallyterpsichore

Quick Brown Rice

...but in case they haven't: (my title may be misleading :P )

I just wanted to share a tip with everyone. If you cook a big pot of brown rice and then let it cool, you can store it in little sandwich bags (for one serving) or larger freezer bags in freeze it. Then when you need some quick brown rice, just toss the bag in the microwave and turn it on for about a minute/minute and a half. Then, voila! Brown rice ready in minutes.

~Sally

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

...but in case they haven't: (my title may be misleading :P )

I just wanted to share a tip with everyone. If you cook a big pot of brown rice and then let it cool, you can store it in little sandwich bags (for one serving) or larger freezer bags in freeze it. Then when you need some quick brown rice, just toss the bag in the microwave and turn it on for about a minute/minute and a half. Then, voila! Brown rice ready in minutes.

~Sally

Trader Joe's sells pre-cooked brown rice. Just pop the bag in the microwave for a minute. I buy it all the time.

Pressure cookers are also great for brown rice. You can cook it in less than 20 minutes. We don't use any white rice anymore since we got our pressure cooker.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

minunte ready ... minute ready brown rice is safe and sells for a dollar and change. Its small portitions for babies and single folk ... Its a single portion... walmart sells it in the grocery . good and works.