Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamaw

Myrtle Beach

Can anyone give me a report on myrtle beach as far as eating out & any good bakeries or large gluten-free stores around?

I'll be there in June 08... anything I shouldn't miss out on while there?

thanks

mamaw

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest MelissaB

Hi...

I was in Myrtle Beach two years ago and I did have good luck during the week finding places to eat.

There is a Bonefish Grill, Cheeseburger in Paradise and a Carabbas, and they all have gluten free menus.

I REALLY enjoyed Bonefish Grill.

I would stay away from any of the mom and pop restaurants and buffets. I never had much luck there.

Also, there are a couple bigger grocery stores (i.e. Food Lion) which do carry some gluten free items. I brought most of mine from home though.

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

Myrtle Beach is great. You will have a good time!

Melissa

Can anyone give me a report on myrtle beach as far as eating out & any good bakeries or large gluten-free stores around?

thanks

mamaw

Did you go to Myrtle Beach? Eat out anywhere? We are going next week. Last year when we went to margaritaville they had a gluten free menu but I called to make sure they still had it and they dont.

stef.

thanks

mamaw

Did you go to Myrtle Beach? Eat out anywhere? We are going next week. Last year when we went to margaritaville they had a gluten free menu but I called to make sure they still had it and they dont.

stef.

If you can eat seafood...go to the mom and pop seafood places...They're willing to work with you in every way. Depending on where you're staying, I've eaten out in places in Murrells Inlet and Pawleys Island. There's a Carrabba's and always Chick-Fil-A. Cheeseburger in Paradise is in Myrtle Beach as well as Sticky Fingers that offer gluten-free choices, as long as you ask to speak to a manager at any place, they're usually very good about it. I usually stick to straight seafood because they rarely mess that up.

Also, all of the Food Lion's and Lowe's Food have organic/gluten free sections in their stores so you have items that you can purchase if you don't feel comfortable eating out.

Hope this helps.