Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

home_based_mom

Super Tuesday And Beyond

Take this 20 question quiz to see how you REALLY match up with the candidate of your choice.

A local TV station had three people take this test to see how each one felt about the 20 issues included in the quiz. Then the web site matched them up with the candidate whose position most closely matched what they filled in.

Two of the three were very surprised at the match. One was at least in the same Party but the other one was not. :o

The third person matched up with her favorite candidate just fine.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Quiz.htm

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Interesting, though I don't feel it is very thorough. My top matches were Hilary ( :unsure: I suppose I agree with her stances, although I dont support her) closely followed by Obama, who I support. The one suprise was McCain, whom I actually like a great deal, was towards the bottom of my list. That said, I like McCain because I agree with him on a few key issues that perhaps this test didn't cover, plus I mostly just prefer him over the other republican candidates.

Just some ramblings from an AP government student who, sadly, is not of voting age :angry:

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

These little tests are so weird. I am Republican and proud of it. Yet, John Edwards appeared at the top of my list, with Rudy Guiliani in 2nd place, who has recently backed out to support John McCain who came in 3rd on my list. Now, Barack Obama was 4th and Hilary came in 6th and actually, they should not have even made my list! I do truly feel our country is ready for a woman president, but not Hilary.

The test is just another part of twisted politics! ;)

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

For me, it was accurate.....although I am not thrilled with any candidate, any party. Maybe I am just difficult to please.... :o

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003