Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest digmom1014

Cancer And Celiac Correlation?

Guest digmom1014

Hi-

I was diagnosed with leukemia at age 18 and have now "developed" celiac at age 43, although I'm sure it was earlier than that.

I just got a call from a woman who has a celiac son and he just developed leukemia.

Anyone know if there is some study or something on this?

Thanks-

Sarah

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi-

I was diagnosed with leukemia at age 18 and have now "developed" celiac at age 43, although I'm sure it was earlier than that.

I just got a call from a woman who has a celiac son and he just developed leukemia.

Anyone know if there is some study or something on this?

Thanks-

Sarah

According to the book Dangerous Grains there is a strong correlation between the 2. Once you change your diet and go off gluten and eat less processed foods and sugar that correlation greatly diminishes.

When I was younger I was starting to develop skin cancer however this went away on its own when I changed my diet.

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!

Join eNewsletter

There is a correlation. It has been documented so if you google leukemia and celiac you will most likely have quite a bit pop up.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter