Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jodi Mills

Parmesian Chicken With No Butter

Okay so last night we decided to venture out to eat, it has been awhile, an i was feeling pretty good, I normally go to Red Robin, and have no problem at all. just talk to the waiter or waitress and never have a problem.

so here goes, lasnt night we are at red robin, and after being seated for about 20 minutes the HOSTESS, not the waitress, comes and gets our drink order. i knew from that it was going to be a fun night. so after about another 15 minutes our waitress finally makes an appearance and gets our food order. I ordered the chicken parmesian with no BUN. and everyone else ordered. so about a 1/2 hour later maybe longer, our food gets brought out by a different waitress, (not the one who was waiting our table) and what do you know there is a BUN on my chicken, I told the waitress nicely that i cannot have it, and she says, Oh ill just take it off. so from that i knew i wouldnt be able to eat at all because even if it were sent back to the chef that is all that would happen. and i would have been cross contaminated. so as i am explaining that i do not want the food and that it needs to be taken off my bill our actual waitress comes and is told by the other lady that i dont want the sandwhich, and she says, "Why she ordered it with no BUTTER"

HOW DO YOU GET NO BUTTER OUT OF NO BUN?????????

anyhow needless to say my boyfriend also ate free, everything he ordered along with drinks and all, we did not get a bill. then the hostess came back and asked if i wanted fries or anything, and by then i was so upset i wasnt hungry, we didnt see our supposed waitress the rest of the night. The Hostess got the money tip, and the waitress got an invaluable tip that stated

"Learn how to take an order"

I know that was mean of me, but i was starving and didnt get to eat, so i came home and vegged out with some good ole UTZ potatoe chips.

~~Jodi~~

diagnosed celiac around age 6

gluten free from age 6-age 12ish

Gluten free (again) since November 2007

People Say I am on a DIET, I tell them its a LIFESTYLE

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That really sucks. I know the feeling when your food comes and there's garlic toast on the plate, after you've carefully explained that bread will make you sick. And then the waitress say's "oh, they forgot to take that off". Meal ruined!

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter