Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwhalen

Md Or Homeopath In Fredericksburg Va

I am looking for a good GI dr familiar with celiac and also a homeopath or acupuncturist also familiar with celiac in the Fredericksburg area, or maybe Richmond. Prefer not to go to Washington DC unless absolutely necessary (traffic) Richmond would also be good. Thanks for the help. Also a nutritionist. thanks all

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The best doctor in Virginia is Sheila Crowe MD at the Univeristy of Virginia in Charlottesville. She will take patients directly, but if you see another doctor have him/her call UVA and refer you to Dr. Crowe. This is the best route to go.

I live in Nothern Virginia, but was told by doctors at INOVA that I did not have celiac disease - in fact, that there was nothing wrong with me. This was while I was hospitalized and on IVs because of nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. One doctor told me I was now a case for the psychiatrists! My internist referred me to Dr. Crowe after researching doctors and she was extremely thorough. She reviewed all my records and even had me retested at UVA because she did not trust the other labs used. I received a firm diagnosis of celiac disease in late 2003.

I highly recommend UVA. Parking is a problem so you want to arrive an hour or two before your appointment. But everyone is very professional, and I felt very comfortable undergoing my tests there. Both Dr. Crowe and her nurse spent a great deal of time with me explaining test results and my options. UVA now has a support group, too.

MF

Fairfax, VA

The best doctor in Virginia is Sheila Crowe MD at the Univeristy of Virginia in Charlottesville. She will take patients directly, but if you see another doctor have him/her call UVA and refer you to Dr. Crowe. This is the best route to go.

I live in Nothern Virginia, but was told by doctors at INOVA that I did not have celiac disease - in fact, that there was nothing wrong with me. This was while I was hospitalized and on IVs because of nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. One doctor told me I was now a case for the psychiatrists! My internist referred me to Dr. Crowe after researching doctors and she was extremely thorough. She reviewed all my records and even had me retested at UVA because she did not trust the other labs used. I received a firm diagnosis of celiac disease in late 2003.

I highly recommend UVA. Parking is a problem so you want to arrive an hour or two before your appointment. But everyone is very professional, and I felt very comfortable undergoing my tests there. Both Dr. Crowe and her nurse spent a great deal of time with me explaining test results and my options. UVA now has a support group, too.

MF

Fairfax, VA