Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Famous Daves

is there anything here that is gluten free i can eat? i love BBQ but wasn't sure!

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You know, I have not been in there since I was diagnosed, but I did read in restaurant listing that the chain is celiac friendly. And I noticed that at least one of the bbq sauces (Texas Pit) is listed as gluten free. I found it labeled as such at my grocery store as well. Check them out and let us know!

Join eNewsletter

I've been to Famous Dave's a couple of times because it's one of the only places my family could agree on when I would fly back to the midwest to visit. I liked the food but I didn't like the dining experience either time. The person who takes your order is not the one who brings out the food--which in my informal tally is the major predictor of failure. Both times the server AND a couple different managers each night got my order wrong and brought out the wrong food, so by the time they got my food done right, my entire family was done eating---so I sat there hungry while they all chowed down, and then they sat there bored while I ate. Plus, I really hated watching everyone else eat the cornbread muffins and stuff that I couldn't have. Normally that stuff doesn't bother me, but there it really did. They did comp my meal one of the times.

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

Join eNewsletter

There's a new one in Branson, Missouri at Branson Landing.

We went there last September. I called ahead and spoke to the manager, and he was very knowlegeable. My son got a burger (no bun) and fries and loved it. Some, but not all of their BBQ sauces are gluten-free. We got a rib appetizer, but it was not gluten-free.

So I would suggest calling the specific restaurant.

Bev

Mom of Garrett - Mizzou freshman; diagnosed Jan 2005

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter