Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank you very much for your quick responses and the information that you provided will be my immediate guide and will definatly cover my needs. I also checked the unsafe list from this site, and am a little confused for instance glucose syrup. If I am interpeting it right, it might be safe or might not. Natural flavors or colors might be a toss up. Or in powdered milk. It states certain vitamins. Are these natural or are they added and if so, could they have gluten or does only the pill form have it. If anyone doesn't mind, could you clear this up a little. Sorry to be problemsome, just trying not to make anymore mistakes. As you all know, it is not fun at all.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Here is a glossary list of flours and grains: http://www.csaceliacs.org/gluten_grains.php

The above site also has some other helpful information on it.

Here is a site that has ingredients that you will find on labels and what they are: http://glutenfreeliving.com/ingredients.html

In the beginning I looked up a lot of stuff on the internet and this website. I looked at people's okayed food lists and what they made for meals and then learned from there. Once you start to learn how to read labels and what others talk about (and then read the label before you buy it) you start to get the hang of it. If you are at all iffy about any product you should call the company and ask them if the item contains gluten ingredients. You can also put the item in the search section here and see if anyone has questions/comments about it.

Best of luck :)

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter