Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksymonds84

Williamsburg Virginia

My husband, daughter, and I are spending Easter week in Williamsburg. We are staying in a friends timeshare that has a full kitchen so we can do our own cooking too but need to know where to shop for gluten free items. I plan to take a little with me on the plane. We are also going to Busch Gardens and they already told me I can bring my own food, but does someone know of munchies there that i can have such as a place that only does frenchfries in their fryer etc. Some restaurant ideas would be great as well. We are looking forward to the getaway!

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know there is a Trader Joe's in or near Williamsburg. They have many gluten free products.

Williamsburg is wonderful for outlet shopping. We make our annual Christmas trip there.

If you are going into the "Old Williamsburg" the Trellis Restaurant is familiar with eating gluten free and very helpful and knowledgeable.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

A lot of the chain restaurants with gluten-free menus are in the area (outback for example).

I was in one of the restaurants that were part of the restored part of town about two years ago. When I asked the waiter brought me a menu that listed all of the ingredients. Not as clear cut as a gluten-free menu but I had the information to make a selection.

Edit: I e-mailed a restaurant called the Aberdeen Barn and was told they could provide a gluten-free meal. They brought me a steak with a breaded and fried onion ring on top of the steak as a garnish. I suppose that if you were very clear in talking to the waiter that could have been avoided but based on the e-mail I thought telling him gluten-free was enough (early in my diagnosis, I've learned a lot since then).

Join eNewsletter

Thanks Tim and Lisa, I don't have a trader Joes in Colorado so that will be neat to go to one. I'm still in the early stages Tim and am learning from alot of little mistakes but each day gets better. Carrabas accidently brought me a salad with croutons on it, the server caught it right a way and brought me another one :rolleyes:

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter