Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gdobson

Carrabbas Gets A Big Thumbs Up From Me!

I just wanted to share that we went out on a limb and tried Carrabbas in Virginia Beach. We rarely eat out and it is always kind of scary to go someplace new.

So I went in armed with our pre-printed gluten free menu that had disclaimers on it, but when I got in the door, they had a gluten free menu posted and framed up front. That was a good sign.

Then when I told our waiter we would be ordering from the gluten free menu, he said (without looking dumb) No problem, let me know if you want any gluten free paster, and I'll make sure we have some in the kitchen. Woohoo! My son got to eat spaghetti in a restaurant! He was so happy. And I was prepared to have issues with my dinner because it had grilled scallops and shrimp on it. I asked if they could grill it in foil or something. And the waiter says, "No problem, We do this all the time. Never had a problem."

It was so nice to go somewhere that had a grasp on the concept and we didn't have to pay a fortune to eat!

Good stuff!

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I didn't know they served gluten free pasta. I looked at their gluten free menu once and didn't see that. Do they all do that? If so, that is great news.

NIcole

I'm not sure. It wasn't on the menu - It was a pleasant surprise though!

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter