Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Weird Hazy Feeling...

last night i had corned beef from a rest/deli. i had cabbage, potatoes and corned beef. about 1 hour later, besides being nauseous from an antibiotic, i felt like i was in such a fog! i have NEVER felt like that, EVER before. my head was hurting and i felt like there was a haze over my eyes.

was i possibly glutened?

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It sure sounds like you were glutened!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

I have never heard the words "brain fog" and "foggy-headed" used more frequently than they are among Celiacs. But it is such a useful description of how many of us feel on gluten.

Sounds like you did get glutened! Hope you feel better.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter