Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I recently had the camera pill study and was wondering if anyone else here as had that done? Will it help to give a diagnosis of Celiac?

I have not received the results yet, they told me it takes about 2 weeks...Well today makes 2 weeks plus 5 days...But on Wednesday, I received in the mail orders for a celiac panel blood test...I really believe I have Celiac as I have almost all the symptoms that people talk about in this forum...

Anyway, just wondering about the camera pill test and who on here as had it done?

Thanks,

Hope

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I recently had the camera pill study and was wondering if anyone else here as had that done? Will it help to give a diagnosis of Celiac?

I have not received the results yet, they told me it takes about 2 weeks...Well today makes 2 weeks plus 5 days...But on Wednesday, I received in the mail orders for a celiac panel blood test...I really believe I have Celiac as I have almost all the symptoms that people talk about in this forum...

Anyway, just wondering about the camera pill test and who on here as had it done?

Thanks,

Hope

Hi! I had the camera pill test done. My results were flattened villa and erosions of small bowel. I had blood work, and biospy which were all negative. Dr. has said he does not think it is celiac/crohn's. I am following the gluten free diet as advised. My family Dr. said it would help "heal" my small bowel. And I am still having severe malabsorption issues... we know it comes from small bowel abnormalities, but why do it have them??? Ideas anyone??? ( I was on mega doses of antibiiotics for H pylori last year).

Join eNewsletter

I had this test done in November . I was still having d and my upper endoscopy was now normal. Thankffully I didn't have to wait 2 weeks for the results. Mine were ready in 24 hours. I had inflamatory nodules and ulcerations of the small bowel. My celiac disease was diagnosed two years prior by endoscopy and blood work.

I had to do this test twice because the first time the tech who gave me the pill did not tell me NOT to put my car radio on. Apparently I deactivated the capsule and had to repeat it the following week.

Celiac Disease 08/05

Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )

Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07

Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna

Long Island, NY

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter