Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Owen'sMom

Be Aware Of Popcorn!

Yesterday we were making microwave popcorn and as Jonathan poured the finished popcorn in the bowl one upopped kernel fell down and right into Owen's sleeve. He right away started screaming and we took his sweater off to check but couldn't see anything at first. Went to the bathroom to run some cold water over it and within minutes he had a blister on his arm a little bigger than the kernel :( . It was such a freak accident, who would have thought of something like this happening.

It was so swollen and bright red yesterday, then in the middle of the night the blister must have opened up. Today he still has a pretty good mark on his arm but at least it doesn't seem to bother him anymore. It's still pretty red and a little swollen but at least the size went down a good amount.

So even if your child is wearing long sleeves make sure they are not close by when you pour popcorn in a bowl, I would have never thought that this could happen as we are always so carefull with hot things.

Here are 2 pics of his arm

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/Joh...ster2008053.jpg]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/Joh...ster2008052.jpg

~Melanie~

Mommy to:

Jonathan-10-02-2000, seasonal allergies and Asthma, taking Flovent, Claritin and Nasonex.

Owen-04-29-2005, GERD, 20mgs of Prilosec, 2.5mgs Zyrtec. Negative bloodwork and biopsies but great dietary response.

HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,8) both celiac genes

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 24 Units

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 18

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Owie, owie! Give that baby an extra kiss and well wishes from us. That hurts just looking at it!

Shellfish free since 1980

Milk free (all forms) since 1991

Feingold in 2003

First gluten-free round 2007

Now entering full time Gluten free, egg free, almond/peanut free

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter