Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi I found out through enterolabs that I need to cut out gluten and casien so for a week I have, except my magnesium I was taking still was not gluten-free, so I got gluten-free mag. and this is my third day being totaly gluten-free and no casien. Today I feel terrible heartburn no "D" but going to the bathroom today 5 times! Still am very bloated and my muscles feel achy and knotted just feel crappy. Is this normal to feel this bad?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi I found out through enterolabs that I need to cut out gluten and casien so for a week I have, except my magnesium I was taking still was not gluten-free, so I got gluten-free mag. and this is my third day being totaly gluten-free and no casien. Today I feel terrible heartburn no "D" but going to the bathroom today 5 times! Still am very bloated and my muscles feel achy and knotted just feel crappy. Is this normal to feel this bad?

hi, yup its normal it took me about 3 months to feel good again. as well your body is going through a sort of withdrawl, from the gluten and casien, but no worries stick with it and you will feel better.

GOOD LUCK!

Nadine

mom of 4 great kids - 2 diagnosed with autism and 2 typical kids (thank goodness)

all this started after my hysterectomy in March of 2006

G.F. since Feb 2007

Soy free since April 2007

Blood work was negatvie (after 2 weeks of being on the gluten-free diet)

entrolab results:

Antigliadin 9 (normal <10)

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 - 0302

HLA-DQB2 Allele 2 - 0502

HLA-DQ 3,1 (subtype 8,5)

carrying one celiac gene and one gluten intolerant gene

nurse at entrolab figures i caught this early and dont eat gluten anymore

life is like a box of chocolates;sometimes you get stuck with the yukky coconut fillet one

Join eNewsletter

If you only quit the vitamins with the gluten 3 days ago you are still experiencing the effects. Be sure to check everything else that use on or in your body. It does take some time to heal but it took us a lot of time to get as sick as we needed to be to be diagnosed. Hang in there it will get better.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Yes this is pretty normal.

When I was diagnosed I had to ingest lots of gluten for about 4 weeks before the endoscopy and I was a total zombie for the 4 weeks plus about another 4 weeks after that.

You are feeling sick because your body is trying to heal itself.

If you want to speed up your recovery you need to really take care of yourself. This includes not ingesting anything unless you are positive that it is gluten free (I cut out anything processed unless it was labeled as gluten free). Also try getting a good gluten free multivitamin and a gluten free echinacea tablet (echinacea boosts the immune system, I find that it helps me recover from just about anything)

Remember that everyone heals at a different rate, some people start to feel better in a matter of days, for others it can take much longer.

I hope you start to feel better soon!

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter