Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joni63

My Doctor Is Really Working With Me!

Hey everyone,

I have been posting about some of the problems I'm having such as ringing in the ears, difficulties sleeping, candida problems (due to recent antibiotics), still bloating, stomach pain and fatigue and got a lot of feedback from people on this board about different tests and things to have checked. My stomach did go flatter and didn't hurt after about 2-3 months gluten free, but that has changed and my bloating and stomach pain are back.

I went to the library and also checked out "The Gluten Connection" written by Shari Leiberman, PHD, CNS, FACN. She has had 20+ years experience in dealing with the gluten free diet. I wanted to see if my Doctor agreed with the supplements that were suggested in the book. For the most part, she did. But the only thing she didn't really agree on was for me to use ProBiotics. She said new research is finding that they aren't as effective as they first believed. I'm not sure what to think about this, but I welcome your expiences and opinions. I'm very close to ordering them, an Immune Booster and a good multivitamin from Kirkmanlabs.com. Also, if anyone has experienc with Kirkman products I'd be happy to hear about them.

Anyway, I wrote down everything ahead of time and brought in the book to the appoinment.

Heres what she found and what we agreed to have tested/checked at this point:

For the Candida she gave me Terazole 3 day and Diflucan and said it could be systemic. How cool is that? My GI Doctor said Candida wouldn't cause bloating, fatigue and stomach pain.

Blood tests for Iron, Ferritin, TIBC, B12, Folate, Vitamins A, C, B, D, E.

Blood tests for Anithyroid Peroxidase Antibody, TSH, Thyroid Panel, And Antithyroglobulin Antibody (I think the last one is right?)

She also is sending me to an ENT and my appointment is Monday the 31st. SHe said it was Severe Otitus Media and fluid in my right ear.

She felt the lack of sleeping properly could be from a vitamin defieciency or thyroid problems.

I really hope I can get some answers and relief.

Please feel free to post your experiences with these problems and what you found through testing. I really want to feel good and not-bloated again. I also tried Casien free for about a week with no change and I was never totally Casien free in the beginning of the gluten free diet, but all my symptoms did go away at first. How long should someone try the Casien diet for???

Thank you for any information!

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Although I have nothing in the way of tests and results to offer, I do understand the great feeling of having a responsive doc. I'm happy your doc is listening & working with you, and hope you feel much better soon.

Jane

Son (10) diagnosed 10/07 via bloodwork and biopsy

Elimination diet resulted in avoiding dairy, soy & corn for a time

Feeling much better

Enterolab results indicate gluten sensitivity for daughter (14) and myself

Join eNewsletter

Although I have nothing in the way of tests and results to offer, I do understand the great feeling of having a responsive doc. I'm happy your doc is listening & working with you, and hope you feel much better soon.

My sentiments as well!

Join eNewsletter

Thank you so much kitten37 and OBXMom. I was just about at my wits end because it is a group of doctors and I haven't been happy with the others I've seen there so far. She was my last hope or I was going to branch out and look for another GP. Something that is so scary because it's such a pain with my insurance.

Joni

Join eNewsletter

I also tried Casien free for about a week with no change and I was never totally Casien free in the beginning of the gluten free diet, but all my symptoms did go away at first. How long should someone try the Casien diet for???

Thank you for any information!

When I was on an elimination diet (breastfeeding my food allergic baby), the reading I was doing on line indicated that dairy (caseine) can stay in your system for 2-4 weeks. I have no scientific data handy, but based on that I'd give it at least a month and avoid all dairy (ie if the label says whey, assume it's not totally devoid of caseine).

Good luck and glad you have a supportive doc!

Nancy

waiting on celiac blood test results

Join eNewsletter

When I was on an elimination diet (breastfeeding my food allergic baby), the reading I was doing on line indicated that dairy (caseine) can stay in your system for 2-4 weeks. I have no scientific data handy, but based on that I'd give it at least a month and avoid all dairy (ie if the label says whey, assume it's not totally devoid of caseine).

Good luck and glad you have a supportive doc!

Nancy

waiting on celiac blood test results

Thank you Nancy. I had no idea it could be 2 - 4 weeks, possibly. I'm still avoiding it and will contiue. I have to go and see the doctor monday because something came out wrong with my blood tests. I'm just hoping to get some answers for my problems. It is nice to have a doctor who takes action and orders tests when you describe symptoms instead of just writing a script and sending me on my way.

Good luck with your celiac blood results. I hope you get some answers and relief with the results.

Joni

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter