Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldshadow

Cooking

hi again since i had such a great respond to my rehearsal dinner question i have another. Is it safe to fry foods in canala oil example if i am making chicken cutlets with gluten free bread crumbs or meatballs will it hurt my daughter if they are fryed and not baked?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's not a problem. However eating alot of fried/oily foods in general can be a little hard on the digestive system for some people. I haven't read your other posts but if you are fairly new to the diet be aware that you can't eat or cook foods in fryers that have been used to fry foods containing gluten. You'll need to get a new fryer for home and should put any cast iron skillets that have previously been used for gluten in the oven on self cleaning cycle and thouroughly clean and reseason and dedicate them to gluten-free only. I bread and freeze raw chicken strips etc. in batches and put them direct from the freezer into the fryer. I fry meatballs first and then freeze them cooked.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter