Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandi*

How To Search Properly

I've been trying to use the search function here but not very successfully. How do I search for a post that contains several words? For example, I want to search for apples and oranges. But if I type in "apples oranges" it will give me posts that contain either apples or oranges or both. How do I make sure I only get results that contain both words? I was looking for a feature where I could selects something like "contains the entire phrase" or "and" but didn't see it. I can't just type in to search for "apples and oranges" because the search feature doesn't like the fact that "and" only contains three letters.

gluten-free since 9/30/09

positive gene test 8/11/09

endoscopy 9/30/09 (awaiting results)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Connect the two words you want to find together with an ampersand (&), not the word "and."

To find topics with apples and oranges, use the search argument "apples & oranges" - you can connect more than two words this way.

To find topics that mention apples and oranges and the phrase fruit juice, use:

apples & oranges & "fruit juice"

Happy searching.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Thank you both so much, I never really tried the google search tool and also didn't know that & would work. I'm gonna go and search the heck out of this forum :)!

gluten-free since 9/30/09

positive gene test 8/11/09

endoscopy 9/30/09 (awaiting results)