Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seeit2

Introduction

Hello all. My name is Deb. My daughter was tested for Celiac in January and came back negative- but we did not have her on a fully gluten -included diet when she was tested. After many consultations with an RD, allergist, and the GI doc we concluded that keeping her on a gluten-free diet was the only way to go. She is also allergic to milk and eggs, so feeding her is a challenge, but not impossible. She is 22 months old - so feeding her is a challenge anyway LOL! Anyway I am glad to be here and eager to learn what I can about keeping her healthy and well-fed. We have been doing pretty well so far but find we need to keep lots of rice or quinoa noodles on hand ("noo nooos") or things get ugly around here. :D

I'm looking forward to learning from all of you...I'm really glad I found this forum.

Deb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi and welcome!

Check out a post on this forum called 'lunchbox ideas' - 'missy's mum' has some really fun meals for kids, I tried a couple on my nieces (Jenny is 2yo and Lucy is 4yo) recently and they really loved them, even Lucy who is notorious for being difficult at the dinner table.

Good Luck :)

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.