Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CeliacMom2008

Help Us Celebrate! Ttg At 2.8!

:D I can barely contain my excitement! Our first follow up blood test came back today...2.8!!!!!!!!!!!! My baby's TTG dropped from 100 in November to 2.8!!! We had been told to be happy with any significant decrease. I was prepared to be happy with 50. 30 would've made my day. But 2.8! WOW! Even with his accidental glutening last month, his levels are still so low!! (But the 1.5 weeks of reaction were enough to keep us being more careful!)

I'm so excited! I'm going to cut out of work early and decorate the house with 2.8 signs!! I'm so excited! (Did I mention that already??) He's been so awesome about all of the changes and it paid off!

It's definitely a GOOD day!!! :D:D:D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:D I can barely contain my excitement! Our first follow up blood test came back today...2.8!!!!!!!!!!!! My baby's TTG dropped from 100 in November to 2.8!!! We had been told to be happy with any significant decrease. I was prepared to be happy with 50. 30 would've made my day. But 2.8! WOW! Even with his accidental glutening last month, his levels are still so low!! (But the 1.5 weeks of reaction were enough to keep us being more careful!)

I'm so excited! I'm going to cut out of work early and decorate the house with 2.8 signs!! I'm so excited! (Did I mention that already??) He's been so awesome about all of the changes and it paid off!

It's definitely a GOOD day!!! :D:D:D

That is TERRIFIC news! I'm so happy for you and your son. What an enormous drop that was!!! :D

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

It is a huge accomplishment and I'm really proud of all of us! My mom has been so incredible - she bakes bread for cold lunches, she has us over for dinner a couple times a week, she helps shop/research, has been a shoulder to cry on, and even takes a "hot" lunch to my son once or twice a week or brings him home. My son has been more than incredible - he has only "complained" a couple of times and they weren't really complaints just honest comments like, "I wish I was normal" and "I wish I could eat what other kids eat." He has been so strong about taking his own slice of cake to birthday parties, eating quesadillas while everyone in his classroom ate pizza (pizza has made him sick for some reason so we're waiting until this summer to try it again), trying all kinds of new foods, eating PB&J "just one more time, please" (said by me when I just don't have time to make another kind of lunch). My hubby who is really emotionally attached to eating out has just accepted our new eat at home lifestyle without complaint in the least. His teacher who, bless her heart, has gone above and beyond to make this OK at school.

...I feel like we've just won an Academy Award and I'm giving my "thank you" speech!! But you all know, it is hard. And we have been so fortunate that we've had so many people to help us. Especially everyone here who has been so kind and helpful...like when I was just SURE Bob's Redmill hot cereal wasn't gluten free (which he eats every other day now!). I know not everyone is as fortunate as we are and some families aren't as supportive and helpful. When I read some of these posts I want to wring some families' necks!! And then I want to invite everyone over for dinner!

We have decided to start a ROCK group. We have been so blessed I want to help others. I know I'm sort of the Mary Poppins of the forum (maybe I should change my username! :lol: ). I truly do believe my calling is to help others adjust and learn to live with Celiac. I know we are very new and I certainly don't know everything there is to know about this disease, but I also know I'm really good at helping people. I'm very excited to take this on. I've always been very involved in charity work. But this is a cause that goes beyond personal! It's my kid and it's so many other kids out there. I would love to see every child who has ever been into the doctor more than once for the same "mystery" symptom tested for Celiac. My son was tested for rheumatoid arthritis at age 3. Miralax was prescribed for him at age 6 because his doctor felt he had diarrhea because he was constipated! And shortly there after was put on daily fiber pills to "bulk up" his stools. And finally after 8 years, at least 4 different doctors, huge quantities of fiber pills and ibuprofen someone said "Let's run this test just to rule it out." And from what I've read here, my son was barely sick compared to so many other kids! That is just wrong.

And then there are the people who need help right after diagnosis. I would've loved it if someone offered to take me shopping that first time (and second, and third!). The woman who brought my son gluten free Christmas cookies on Christmas Eve was an angel in my opinion. She didn't even know us! But one week into gluten free (my son didn't want to wait until after the holidays to start gluten-free), it was the greatest gift we could have received! I want to do that for others. I want to hold a parent's hand as they cry and give them comfort and hope.

And now that we got those amazing results, I feel like we still have a lot of learning to do, but we're ready to help others. We've proved we can do this! And darn it, I'm proud of us!! I'm proud of me! How bad does that sound?? But it's true. I was really not a good cook 6 months ago! People regularly joked about my cooking. Now I know I'm getting to be a darn good cook! I actually get excited about making yummy food!

OK, this has gotten way off course. But it's my own post, so that's not really hijacking, just going off on a tangent! This time it's a good one!

Congratulations! You are doing awesome. And your son is a trooper, you can be proud of him. No cheating and being so good about the diet. And what a fabulous mother you have!

You ought to be proud of all of you and have a right to boast a little! :D

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------