Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LovelyLisa

Post Fruity Pebbles?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are Post Fruity Pebbles gluten free and safe to eat? What other cereals and breakfast foods are gluten free? Thank you so much!

Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles are gluten free, but addictive--so be careful. Rice Chex are also okay, but look for the label on the box that says, "gluten free." Dora and Li'l Einsteins are gluten free, but I can't find them anymore. Cream of Rice is also okay for a hot cereal. Stay away from any cereal with oats, as they probably are cross contaminated. Pebbles and Rice Chex are your best bet.

Holly Joy

Neg blood test 2006

Life changed on diet - decided against biopsy

allergic to nuts and the environment (including all mold)

asthma, eczema, hypothyroid, celiac

Yes, Fruity Pebbles are gluten free. Some mainstream cereals may have the risk of cross contamination, but my daughter eats Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, Trix, and Rice Chex without a problem. Make sure the Rice Chex box says Gluten Free on front b/c they just recently took out the malt, so gluten-filled boxes are still out in some stores. Berry Berry Kix has a new box that also appears to be gluten free (based on ingredients), but my daughter won't try it, so I can't tell you if that one seems to be ok. We've also had General Mill's Mickey (berry crunch?) cereal, but it's hard for us to find, as well as Dora stars.

Holly

DD5: juveline rheumatoid arthritis 8/07; celiac 3/08

DS3: negative blood tests

Me and DH: negative blood tests