This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blown Away

Chrissyb

Chrissyb Enthusiast

Just been reading thru some of the post and I am overwhelmed :o Gluten is everywhere, I didn't think it would be in laudry soap or fabric softner or my makeup. I have only been working on beeing gluten free since Nov and just dealing with the food is hard enough how am I suppose to work on CC with everything else. My husband was the one who figured out I was getting CC from the toaster duh here I was eating good beard but still getting sick. Time to get my own toaster. Between this and my MS sometimes I just don't want to get out of bed. My birthday is next week and this is my fist bithday that I will be gluten free and honeslty I am not looking forward to it. I know there are lots of recipies and cake mixes that are good but who wants to make their own birthday cake ( just a little pity party there). Today is my sons bithday and he is with his dad and he is haveing my favorite carrort cake. Oh well this too shall pass (along with my gas) I know bad joke. Thanks for listen to me whine.

Chrissy :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cmom Contributor

It's ok to throw yourself a pity party once in awhile. Usually, I am fine with being gluten-free, but there are times when I tear up when I'm very hungry or tired and away from home and can find nothing to eat. My stepson is getting married in November and his fiancee sent me the delicious flavors of cake that will be at the reception, but none for me. You'll get through it; that's what we do. Hope you start feeling better so you can enjoy your summer.

Juliebove Rising Star

I can get good cake here that is free of all of our allergens. Doesn't matter to me since I don't like cake to begin with and don't eat it. But I can get cupcakes at the grocery store for my daughter. If I want a whole cake, I have to go to the U District. That's a bit far for me, so I just get her a cupcake. I have tried making cakes and it's too much of a bother. I can't even do a really good frosting because we can't have butter or margarine. How the bakery does it is beyond me.

GillianAnne Newbie

Hang in there! Living gluten-free is hard. My birthday is this coming Saturday, and I had a pitty party the other day about making my own cake. But, I remembered that I could make my favorite carrot cake! So, I had to share. Namaste has a spice cake mix that makes the BEST carrot cake I have ever had. There is a recipie on the package for the carrot cake, so you don't have to experiment in the kitchen with a cake that may or may not work. Whole Foods and Earthfare carry it, if either of those stores are near you. Have a very Happy Birthday! :lol:

Blessings Explorer

We just went through 5 birthdays, Mother's and Faather's day the last 2 months. I made Pamela's chocolate cakes with Pamela's dark chocolate frosting. Yummy. I will make making it into cupcakes and try freezing them so I don't have tons of cake around to eat. The cake was good enough to share withmy non gluten friends.

Enjoy!

Archived