Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blondie

Gluten Reaction, Or Not?

Ok, so on two occasions now ive had this weird thing. What happens is that over 4-5 days my body seems to be "building up" to something. It starts at day 1 with odd stool activity, light color, very loose. Then after a couple of days it bursts out into full D, nausea, anxiety/panic and mood swings, then it takes a couple of days and im back to normal.

Does this sound like a gluten reaction? Or could it be that my body is not fully healed yet, so on my weekends/weeks going crazy with candy, coffee, bad food, cigarettes, etc my body just goes crazy?

I'm 100% sure im not getting glutened directly, could be CC though, going crazy over this trying to figure it out :\

also, on 3-4 occasions ive suddently gotn nausea + heavy d for a couple of hours then it went away.

Gluten-free, almost 2 years

Egg-free, never cared much for eggs anyways

Lactose light, only causes minor d by now

Fructose light, found the source of my unexplainable gluten-like reactions

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Bump

Does this sound like a gluten reaction? Or could it be that my body is not fully healed yet, so on my weekends/weeks going crazy with candy, coffee, bad food, cigarettes, etc my body just goes crazy?

While it could be gluten CC, I think we both know how to check. Have a few non-crazy weekends. ;)

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I just started and I actually just went through something kind of like that and I don't know if it's gluten related. I've been gluten free for about a week and 1/2 (whoo!) and one night I wanted ramen (oopsies) and I didn't react at all that day. The next day I didn't feel to well and my bowel movement was looser, but not diarrheas, like it broke apart real easily (yuck) the day after that I had horrible cramping and diarrhea super bad but I also just got my period. But the cramping was different then menstrual cramps and plus I don't get PMS or any of that stuff really. And the 2 days later(which is today) I feel sicker with a horrible headache and a couple itchy little bumps. So maybe I was glutened or maybe just had a bad couple of days. But it sucks though.

Thanks for the response, anyone else?

Forgive my ignorance, but in what sort of products do you normally find cane sugar?