Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

valgal123

If Anyone Has This Book Gluten Free Classics Please Help

If anyone out there has the book Gluten Free Classics with the white cover and the picture of the layer cake and a fork on the front i would really appreciate the help. I recently got Gluten Free Classics from my library loan. I loved the focacia recipe! I ment to write it down before i returned it to the library, but i completel forgot. I have been pretty busy. This book isn't easy to check out, plus you have to pay money. I was wondering if anyone who has access to this recipe if they could post it on here including the flour mixture recipe the use for the focacia. I would REALLY appreciate it. thank you :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think I found a site that has a pic of the bread. It also is an amazing web site, I am going to check it out good! iamglutenfree.blogspot.com then go to breads...foccacia thanks for the puzzle. Looks like we can find some good recipes there!

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

omg, wasnt that great bread! My kids and i just LOVED it . . even tho mine fell a bit (hard to tell w foccacia). It also was not nearly as good the next day. And then i tested reactive to rice and tapioca and yeast . .. sigh . .

Hopefully this wont break any copywrite laws since you already had the recipe . .

1.5 c flour mix a (below)

1 tsp xathan

1/2 tsp salt

1 tb sugar

1 pkt yeast

1 tsp olive oil

1/4 c + 1 tb water, 110 degrees

1. spray 8-9 " pan w spray and dust w rice flour or cornmeal

2. mix dry ingredients in mixer bowl, add warn water and oil in, mix unitl just blended. Scrape bowl and beaters and beat at high for 2 minutes

3. spoon do in to pan, spread w spatula. Cover w cloth and rise about 40 minutes - double in hight

4. preheat oven to 400 w rack in lower third of oven

5. sprinkle olive oil over top and carefully spread w finger, top w rosemary and sea salt or other toppings.

6. bake about 20 minutes, or 15 for 9 inch pan. Should be light golden in color and cooked thorugh. Remove from pan and cool 15 minutes.

flour mix a (for 1.5 cups):

1/2 c millet flour

1/4 c sorghum flour

1/4 c cornstarch

1/4 c potato starch

1/4 c tapioca flour

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25