Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

souzahanson

Pet Foods/products

I know this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if the moderators could start a gluten free pet product section. Everyone could start posting about foods, treats, shampoos, etc.

Chris RN, RRT-NPS, AE-C(Respiratory therapist, Registered Nurse, Asthma Educator-Certified)

HTN: 1996

Asthma: 2000 (Never had methocholine Chanllege)

Celiac: 2001 (direct biopsy via endoscopy)

Major Sinus allergies: My whole life, but getting worse, even after surgery.

Insomnia: 2006 (On Ambien)

Feeling of Chronic Fatigue: since 2006(Frequent sleeping on the couch in the middle of the day)

Going for sinus and food allergy testing on 7/16/2008

SUSPECT THAT I MAY HAVE LYME DISEASE FROM LIVING IN MAINE 3.5 YEARS AGO, ORDERING IGENEX

WESTERN BLOT 7/3/2008.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Only Scott (admin) can do that. I've moved this to the Board/Forum help area, since it is really about how the board is structured - a technical help topic.

Scott?

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

FYI,

I got an e-mail back from Earthbath pet products.

Thanks so much. I just heard back and the answer is that the Hypo-Allergenic is gluten-free. The products you want to avoid are the Creme Rinse and Conditioner, the Oatmeal and Aloe and all of the Spritzes. The reason being that they contain collodial oatmeal, but the chemist conservatively suggested that the oats could possibly be transported in containers that may have transported wheat at one time or another. Although this is a highly improbable occurrence that the container wouldn't have been cleaned thoroughly, it is worth the caution if you need to be absolutely certain.

I hope this helps and Happy Sudsing

Chris RN, RRT-NPS, AE-C(Respiratory therapist, Registered Nurse, Asthma Educator-Certified)

HTN: 1996

Asthma: 2000 (Never had methocholine Chanllege)

Celiac: 2001 (direct biopsy via endoscopy)

Major Sinus allergies: My whole life, but getting worse, even after surgery.

Insomnia: 2006 (On Ambien)

Feeling of Chronic Fatigue: since 2006(Frequent sleeping on the couch in the middle of the day)

Going for sinus and food allergy testing on 7/16/2008

SUSPECT THAT I MAY HAVE LYME DISEASE FROM LIVING IN MAINE 3.5 YEARS AGO, ORDERING IGENEX

WESTERN BLOT 7/3/2008.