Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajewel

Hello, I Am New

Hello, I am from colorado and have been gluten free for a few months now due to living in pain for the past 6 years. First off I am not the best speller in the world so please excuse me hehe ..

I have always have had little health and body issues growing up .. female issues sense i was 13 .. surgery when i was 17 for sists .. Just alot of little issues . After I had my second child witch was a very diffcult birth leading to a emergency c-section. I was dealing with such horrible pain.. Where it started in my joints and spread thru out my body leaving me basically exhuasted and in pain all the time .. Depression and fogness often happened.. Basically started hiding my self because i was never well enough to do anything .. No one of course seemed to understand i seemed healthy no reason why i should be hurting so bad i coulndt move and when i did i was in tears.. Finially after 6 years of dealing with this I went to a natrulist doc who suggested I have a serve allergy to gluten.. I am still in the healing phase and seemed to have picked up a slight dairy allergy now but as my doc said it will be temp.

It is nice to find a forum where people understand and dont look at ya like you have two heads when you explain your issues.. I just wanted to introduce my self and thank you all for leanding support to eachother cause it is so needed..

Thank you all :)

Ajewel

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome. I'm glad you found your answer and can move on to a healthier happier life. :)

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Welcome you have come to a great place!!

Let us know if you have any questions. :)

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Ditto...Welcome! Everyone here is so smart, helpful, encouraging, comforting, understanding, etc. I am somewhat new too. I am here to learn for my family and others and to help others with what I learn. You will get healthier! and feel better! and learn so much! :)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind words.. I am still pretty new at all of this and one of those people who truley love food hehe so having to watch what i eat and really learn about food has been a challange .. But being pain free is very much worth it all..

:)

Hello, I am from colorado and have been gluten free for a few months now due to living in pain for the past 6 years. First off I am not the best speller in the world so please excuse me hehe ..

I have always have had little health and body issues growing up .. female issues sense i was 13 .. surgery when i was 17 for sists .. Just alot of little issues . After I had my second child witch was a very diffcult birth leading to a emergency c-section. I was dealing with such horrible pain.. Where it started in my joints and spread thru out my body leaving me basically exhuasted and in pain all the time .. Depression and fogness often happened.. Basically started hiding my self because i was never well enough to do anything .. No one of course seemed to understand i seemed healthy no reason why i should be hurting so bad i coulndt move and when i did i was in tears.. Finially after 6 years of dealing with this I went to a natrulist doc who suggested I have a serve allergy to gluten.. I am still in the healing phase and seemed to have picked up a slight dairy allergy now but as my doc said it will be temp.

It is nice to find a forum where people understand and dont look at ya like you have two heads when you explain your issues.. I just wanted to introduce my self and thank you all for leanding support to eachother cause it is so needed..

Thank you all :)

Ajewel

Wow, it sounds like you have had a pretty rough time! there are definately people here who can relate. It must be a good feeling to finally have an answer to what was causing your problems, now you can be well. Good luck on your recovery and welcome. I have found lots of comfort and learned a great deal from this forum.

Hi, I'm new too and also in Colorado.

Celiac Dx 6/16/08 with blood work done for chronic anemia.

Endoscopy & biopsy 6/25/08 - complete villious atrophy.

Vitamin D deficency - 50,000iu Vit D weekly started 8/4/08.

Iron Deficency Anemia - IV Iron infusions weekly started 8/7/08.

Osteopenia of spine 8/12/08 calcium supplements commenced.

DD aged 11yrs Celiac Dx 7/8/08, symptom free except for being short for age.

DS aged 4yrs Allergic to corn & oats but bloods & biopsies negative for Celiac 2/2007, GERD 5/2005, Cardiac surgery for retro-esophageal right sub-clavian artery 5/5/2005.

DD aged 2 yrs Bloods negative for Celiac.

Gluten Free life started 7/15/08

My Mum tested positive for celiac disease 7/25/08

My maternal great-grandfather died from "his stomach wearing away" he was a baker.