Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDRB

Feeling Much Better...finally!

Hi,

I just wanted to write a quick word about how well I've been doing recently in the aim of encouraging anyone who is new to this, or is having a hard time in general.

I have been gluten free since march, and have been in pretty bad shape with the usual run of symptoms for about two years.

Anyway, since march my energy levels have gradually been getting better.

Last week I had a really really long week with work and starting back at university, as well as having loads of wedding planning to do and having the flu. Halfway through the week, I was walking into university in the rain with a giant backpack full of book and feeling pretty sorry for myself when it dawned on me that only 6 months ago I barely had the energy to get off the couch and was sure that I was dying!!!

I am so grateful for my diagnosis - there were times that I found it really difficult finding anything I could eat and sometimes I thought I would never get better, but finally I am feeling like my old self again :D

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks for posting. I can be amazing how far back we can come from being as sick as we were. Physically I feel younger at 50 than I did at 20. :D Well worth the initial adjustment. Glad you are doing better. It sounds like things are very busy right now.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)