Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndrewNYC

Elevated Ttg Years After Healing--- Cause?

I was diagnosed with TTG level at 22, brain fog, and flat vili. Three years later I was healthy and gluten free. Four years later I have brain fog, villi are healed and well, TTG is at 19, no gluten in diet, but am reacting to other foods like plain rice, chicken. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was diagnosed with TTG level at 22, brain fog, and flat vili. Three years later I was healthy and gluten free. Four years later I have brain fog, villi are healed and well, TTG is at 19, no gluten in diet, but am reacting to other foods like plain rice, chicken. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

There are other reasons besides gluten that will cause elevated tTg levels......Hashimoto's thyroid and a few of the other autoimmune diseases that are associated with Celiac. That's not a very high elevation, more like low grade inflammation going on somewhere. I am not sure why you would be reacting to plain rice or chicken as they are not big on the allergen scale. Sounds like you may have developed other food allergies or could have one of the other autoimmune diseases that are oh so familiar with having celiac disease.

Do you know for certain that your gut has healed well? You may want to keep a food diary and write down everything you are eating so, if there is a pattern, you will begin to see it with documentation. Hope you figure this out and feel better soon!

I have reacted to rice and so has my ex boyfriend. It now seems to be OK for me as long as its brown rice and I don't have it every day. Similar to chicken. Of course organic is a lot better. We are all different however since some here need to only use white rice...

Its good to vary one's diet and not eat the same thing every single day. If you are prone to allergies, that is how they can more easily happen--by not varying your diet enough.

You also might want to take some co-enzyme B vitamins. They go directly into the blood stream. I have found they help me tolerate carbohydrates and protein better especially since I have trouble absorbing B-1 which is necessary for that sort of thing.

Bea

Diagnosed celiac sprue as infant: failure to thrive & pneumonia-back on grains age 4. Began herbs 1971 combating chronic kidney disease/general ill health 1973. Avoid wheat family and "allergens" by 1980. Late 80's doc. diagnosed candida: cave-man diet. Diagnosed degraded myelin sheath 2006; need co-enzyme B vitamins. Discovered celiac fall 2007; finally told diagnosis as infant. Recently found I am salicylic acid intolerant. Ironically can't tolerate most herbs now. Can now eat brown rice & other gluten-free grains (except corn) & even maple syrup & now homeopathic medicine works! Am still exploring the shape of this elephant but I've made progress!