Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

purple

Agave Nectar

So I finally bought some agave nectar. I know you can sub it for honey or maple syrup. But what I would like to know is exactly what you like to do with it...what is your favorite way to use it? Thanks for the ideas. :P

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I only eat it sometimes in that delicious coconut "ice cream" by http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/pur...lk_Reviews.html

I dont overdue it because Agave Nectar is almost pure fructose which does the same thing as high fructose corn syrup. It causes insulin resistance according to all of the research I have come across. So just to be safe, I only use for special treats now and again.

Sub out some of your sweetener when you bake. Use same proportion as you would honey. :)

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

I have only used it a few times in raw food recipes. And I use a lot less than is called for. If the recipe says 1/2 a cup, I use like 2 squirts. I do not like overly sweet food though and rarely make any sweets. I know I used it in raw Tootsie Rolls, some nut cookies and perhaps one other thing.